Kindle Forum banner

COVER TO COVER Professional Copyedits and Proofreading - March/April 2024

30K views 181 replies 19 participants last post by  jadewritesbooks 
#1 · (Edited)
EMAIL jadewritesbooks@gmail.com
Further information can be found on my website - Cover To Cover ¦ Editing Services

On a tight deadline? Need it in a hurry? I have a Fast Track service!

Fast Tracked also includes a 'clean' document, meaning in the event you accept all the changes on the edited file, you already have a clean manuscript ready to go.

This is available at an additional $1.25 per 1k words.

Welcome everyone :)

I'm here to offer my services as an editor and proofreader. I've had a lot of experience with both indie and traditional authors -- I'm currently a copyeditor with City Owl Press -- and I'm always on hand to answer any questions you may have!

All information and calendar updates can be found on my website - Cover To Cover ¦ Editing Services

Proofreading is $3 per 1k words. Eg: average novel = 60k words = $180
I look over your manuscript twice.
Both passes are to check grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
Time of completion will vary depending on novel length and amount of bookings for the month. Priority service available.

Copyedits are typically $4 per 1k words. Eg. Average novel = 60k words = $240
I cover your manuscript twice.
Copyedits include everything as a proofread does, with the addition of sentence structure, tense, crutch words, continuity, and readability.
Time of completion will vary depending on novel length and amount of bookings for the month. Priority service available.

I now offer phone calls to discuss edits / edit letters, at $30 per 30 mins :)

If you have a project a bit outside the norm, need an editor / proofreader committed to a series, or want to develop a long-term working relationship, I'm the one! :)

ABOUT ME:
  • Copyeditor for City Owl Press
    Longlisted with my YA novel for WriteMentor Children's Novel Award 2019
    Entertainment Editor for an online magazine for 3+ years
    BA (Hons) in Media Production at Staffordshire University
    Copywriter for Copify, contributing to Amazon, ao.com, etc
    Foundation in Creative Writing by the Open University
    Proofreading and Copyediting Accredited by John Academy London

PLEASE reach out if you need some currency conversion or feel free to ask any questions here, or by email - jadewritesbooks@gmail.com

See less See more
#27 ·
Kboards! I have a spot THIS WEEK for immediate / fast track editing or proofreading. First come first served.

I'm also securing spots up until March 4th. DM or email jadewritesbooks@gmail.com for immediate response

#29 ·
Hey All,

I just wanted to throw some well-deserved love Jade's way. I hired her for a dev on my fantasy/mystery novel and loved her so much that I basically decided to hire her out for the rest of the series. Not only does she pinpoint where the story needs tightening up, she also manages to offer insights on how to bring out characters' personalities that tie in with over-reaching arcs. She juggles plot, character, emotion, and (especially important in fantasy) setting in a manner that helps them come together in more natural way, and since she's now working on an entire series for me, she's not only offering insight and suggestions for one book but for several books at once.
On top of all that, she's very vocal about what she loves in the stories. She even explains why she likes certain parts which not only boosts the ego, but reminds me to keep doing what I do.
All in all, Jade's a keeper!

#30 ·
C Ryan Bymaster said:
Hey All,

I just wanted to throw some well-deserved love Jade's way. I hired her for a dev on my fantasy/mystery novel and loved her so much that I basically decided to hire her out for the rest of the series. Not only does she pinpoint where the story needs tightening up, she also manages to offer insights on how to bring out characters' personalities that tie in with over-reaching arcs. She juggles plot, character, emotion, and (especially important in fantasy) setting in a manner that helps them come together in more natural way, and since she's now working on an entire series for me, she's not only offering insight and suggestions for one book but for several books at once.
On top of all that, she's very vocal about what she loves in the stories. She even explains why she likes certain parts which not only boosts the ego, but reminds me to keep doing what I do.
All in all, Jade's a keeper!
Thank you! It's been a pleasure reading your books :) can't wait for the rest of the series!

#31 ·
NOW BOOKING FOR:

12th March - 15th March
various blocks between:
17th March - 1st April

PM or email me to book for either proofread or developmental edits :) my website also has a calendar now so you can see when I'm free!

#32 ·
UPDATE: Booking between 4th March and 18th, schedules have been reworked, but also taking bookings for later March onwards. If you're interested in proofreading or developmental editing around this time, get in touch :)

#33 ·
Hi Kboards! Still have slots available for March, but reserving on request for later months. Can do personalised requests, too, aka: combination of proofreading and developmental.

Email jadewritesbooks@gmail.com for more info. Speak soon!

#34 ·
I want to thank Jade and offer a recommendation to use her. She was objective and honest in my developmental-read and proof-read.

Using friends and family as an editing process of sorts does not work to well I find, as they are not as objective as I want, plus I tend to fuss with them. I value Jade's work, and she seems really talented and savvy to the writing process and is sensitive to the author in her feedback. I do have a bit of work to do and some changes to make. But it is easily workable, and I did want an honest opinion.

If you want an honest opinion, use Jade as your editor. It is well worthwhile to use an editor with your Indie work. New Indie's have so little support. You have to spend a little to get good honest feedback. In my opinion, Jade as my free-lance editor was great.

#35 ·
Writes for fun said:
I want to thank Jade and offer a recommendation to use her. She was objective and honest in my developmental-read and proof-read.

Using friends and family as an editing process of sorts does not work to well I find, as they are not as objective as I want, plus I tend to fuss with them. I value Jade's work, and she seems really talented and savvy to the writing process and is sensitive to the author in her feedback. I do have a bit of work to do and some changes to make. But it is easily workable, and I did want an honest opinion.

If you want an honest opinion, use Jade as your editor. It is well worthwhile to use an editor with your Indie work. New Indie's have so little support. You have to spend a little to get good honest feedback. In my opinion, Jade as my free-lance editor was great.
Thank you very much! It was a pleasure :)

#36 ·
Hi KBoards!

Hope you're all doing well :) I have space from 26th March into April for edits and proofreading. Please email jadewritesbooks@gmail.com for all reservations / enquiries / bookings! I'd be happy to help answer any questions you might have.

Speak soon!

#37 ·
I'm back from the NYA Literary Festival, so normality resumes today! Reserving / taking bookings for April and beyond, there's still one space left for next week.

Email jadewritesbooks@gmail.com for more information.

** rates are going up 1st April, anything reserved / confirmed before that time will remain at current rates

#39 ·
Last chance to book with March rates before they go up on the 1st April! I've updated the calendar on my website with all availability for April - 1st - 15th is free for both proofreads and editing, after that it'll be on a tighter basis.

Thank you so much to those who have booked with me so far, I truly appreciate it!

#40 ·
APRIL'S HERE - last chucnk of April into May is booked with a developmental edit, but I have spaces for proofreads and developmental edits in the weeks prior.

Email me jadewritesbooks@gmail.com for more information, sample edits, and reservations!

#41 ·
Hi kboards, hope you're having a great April so far!

The mid-month update is that I have some spots available next week for edits or proofreading (15th - 21st) and ONE proofread the second week of May.

Email me for more information! jadewritesbooks@gmail.com - testimonials available on request, or you can read the threads :) thank you!

#42 ·
30% off ALL editing, proofreading and sensitivity reads until the end of the month! It's Easter, I felt generous ;-)

PM or email jadewritesbooks@gmail.com to reserve your spot and discuss your needs for your project.

#44 ·
UPDATES: Hi Kboards!

I have a proofread booked in for next week, so there's one space for a developmental edit. The week after, I have space for one proofread and one edit. I'm also starting to book for June, if you would like to resserve a place please let me know! Email is: jadewritesbooks@gmail.com

For more info on schedules, my website has a calendar on the CONTACT page

#45 ·
I have 2 slots for the rest of May with more opening up in June :) contact me to reserve your space / book now or if you have a specific request not listed on my webpage

jadewritesbooks@gmail.com or PM here

#49 ·
Hey all! Currently booking for spaces:

20th June - 1st July.
10th July - 17th July
21st July - 30th July

Please contact me jadewritesbooks@gmail.com for more info -- even if your preferred timescale isn't listed, I may be able to accomodate you!

Booking for August as well.

All require 10% deposit to reserve space :)

#51 ·
ShaneCarrow said:
Just wanted to thank Jade for her proofreading services - she squeezed me in last minute (because I'm disorganised) and did a good quality job with a quick turnaround time. Super affordable too. Thanks!
Thank you so much! It was a pleasure ^_^ hope to work with you again