Kindle Forum banner

COVER TO COVER Professional Copyedits and Proofreading - March/April 2024

30K views 181 replies 19 participants last post by  jadewritesbooks 
#1 · (Edited)
EMAIL jadewritesbooks@gmail.com
Further information can be found on my website - Cover To Cover ¦ Editing Services

On a tight deadline? Need it in a hurry? I have a Fast Track service!

Fast Tracked also includes a 'clean' document, meaning in the event you accept all the changes on the edited file, you already have a clean manuscript ready to go.

This is available at an additional $1.25 per 1k words.

Welcome everyone :)

I'm here to offer my services as an editor and proofreader. I've had a lot of experience with both indie and traditional authors -- I'm currently a copyeditor with City Owl Press -- and I'm always on hand to answer any questions you may have!

All information and calendar updates can be found on my website - Cover To Cover ¦ Editing Services

Proofreading is $3 per 1k words. Eg: average novel = 60k words = $180
I look over your manuscript twice.
Both passes are to check grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
Time of completion will vary depending on novel length and amount of bookings for the month. Priority service available.

Copyedits are typically $4 per 1k words. Eg. Average novel = 60k words = $240
I cover your manuscript twice.
Copyedits include everything as a proofread does, with the addition of sentence structure, tense, crutch words, continuity, and readability.
Time of completion will vary depending on novel length and amount of bookings for the month. Priority service available.

I now offer phone calls to discuss edits / edit letters, at $30 per 30 mins :)

If you have a project a bit outside the norm, need an editor / proofreader committed to a series, or want to develop a long-term working relationship, I'm the one! :)

ABOUT ME:
  • Copyeditor for City Owl Press
    Longlisted with my YA novel for WriteMentor Children's Novel Award 2019
    Entertainment Editor for an online magazine for 3+ years
    BA (Hons) in Media Production at Staffordshire University
    Copywriter for Copify, contributing to Amazon, ao.com, etc
    Foundation in Creative Writing by the Open University
    Proofreading and Copyediting Accredited by John Academy London

PLEASE reach out if you need some currency conversion or feel free to ask any questions here, or by email - jadewritesbooks@gmail.com

See less See more
#177 ·
Hi authors :)

I have spots available in April for Proofreads and Copyedits, and May is open now for enquiries.

I'd love to hear about your projects! If you have a date in mind let me know, I might be able to fit you in.

Speak soon!
Jade

#178 ·
Hi authors! How is 2023 treating you?

I have spaces in the last half of May and I'm reserving spots for June - all availability here CONTACT | Cover to Cover but let me know any dates you have in mind as I may be able to accommodate you.

As always happy to chat about your needs via email jadewritesbooks@gmail.com to create custom packages!

Happy writing :)

Jade

#179 ·
Hi authors!

Hope your summers were lovely - now we're getting into the last of the year I'm taking enquiries for Autumn and into winter. Currently booking for Sept/October but understand there's some interest in December dates too, so please get in touch to secure your slot ASAP!

All my availability is currently on my website here: CONTACT | Cover to Cover

Happy to answer any questions you have! jadewritesbooks@gmail.com

:)

#181 ·
HAPPY NEW YEAR!

I hope you had a lovely holiday period - now we're back to work, my books are open for January and February spaces but I'm booking all the way through the year for future releases. If you have any questions, just let me know!

#182 ·