Kindle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since there seems to always be a question about how heavy various covers are (especially Oberon for some reason), I decided to weigh the 3 covers I have and compare them.  Here are the results, and note these are K2 covers.

M-edge platform  8.2 oz

M-edge prodigy  10.4 oz

Oberon (w/corners)  9.2 oz

I don't have the Amazon cover but I think it was around the same as the M-edge platform.  If anyone would like to add this info or any others, please do!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Great post- for those of us concerned about weight.
Strangedog, burgundy dragonfly- 4.5 oz.
Strangedog, denim- 6.7 oz.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Well there is probably something wrong with me but I found even the amazon case too heavy. So I am now reading without a cover which I find perfectly comfortable. I just bought a really nice protective sleeve for it from amazon. It's an octo blue croc pattern sleeve. Pricey Italian leather but it's all I will be getting unless a superlight cover comes out so what the hell.

·
Registered
534 Posts
I didn't like to read with my K2 in the Amazon cover, either, and I thought is was due to weight.  However, I have been reading for a few hours tonight, and my new Oberon cover is very different.  I know it weighs more, but it is easier to hold than the Amazon cover.  I think it is because you get a bit of a ledge with the Oberon folded back that is easier to hold on to then the edge of the kindle, which is how I was holding it in the Amazon case.  I think is it easier to hold then the kindle alone, in fact; my hands would get tired of the 'pinch grip' I had on the edge of the kindle when I read one handed.

Thanks for the weights, all!  I am one of the curious and wanted to know Oberon vs. M-edge.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts