Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I was thinking about covering my kindle case to match my on going asian theme (I love asian art). Note my sewing skills are very VERY limited and had to refer to the use of double sided tape at some points. My first would have gone with a red silk material with black velvet cherry blossom trees, but my mom insisted that I go with a more durable material. I am just going to wait to buy the red silk for myself later.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
That is Beautiful; what a talent you have. I love the Asian Print also.
Hmmm, KinKin is thinking he would like something like that now, also.
Where did you find the material for the cover? I like the black and white.

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I went to Joann's. I bought a third of a yard, and still have a lot of material left over. This is just to see if I can do it, but I am considering going to chinatown to see if I can find anyone to do my name in Kanji. Another thing I am thinking about adding an elastic band to it and going to add my name in bright red Katagana on the band. Its is what my name looks like in katagana, but I am going to hand write it.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Vegas_Asian said:
I went to Joann's. I bought a third of a yard, and still have a lot of material left over. This is just to see if I can do it, but I am considering going to chinatown to see if I can find anyone to do my name in Kanji. Another thing I am thinking about adding an elastic band to it and going to add my name in bright red Katagana on the band. Its is what my name looks like in katagana, but I am going to hand write it.
Oh this board support Japanese? Let me see... lol

メリアさん、おげんき? キンドルは にんきもの LOL

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
私は げんきです。 あなたは げんきですか。 キンドルは あいしてる。Wow it does work. I am so changing my signature, now.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Vegas_Asian said:
私は げんきです。 あなたは げんきですか。 キンドルは あいしてる。Wow it does work. I am so changing my signature, now.
LOL

私も元気です。 漢字もよめるのですか? 

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Vegas_Asian said:
わたしは すこし かんじ を わかります。
Very nice. ;) My niece is in Japan as a exchange student for a year right now. She is still in high school and she's enjoying herself there.

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Really? Wow I considering minoring in Japanese and going to Japan to teach english for a semester or two. My family also spend a couple of years in japan, but I was always too busy with school activities to seriously take the time to learn. I never started to take classes seriousily until I moved from Japan. Its such a beautiful country.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
If I may... :)

わたしは すこし かんじ が わかります。

キンドルを あいしている。

It is very tiny diffrence but changing those word will make Japanese more smooth.  ;)  You'll have good time in Japan teaching.  ;)  Only thing is that everything in Japan is very expensive. LOL  Where were you in Japan. I live in city so.... so many people. LOL

·
Super Moderator
67,246 Posts
You girls know it's rude to have a conversation in a foreign language in front of others who don't speak it, right?  :)

Seriously, I'm amazed. . . .I visited Japan once and felt so illiterate.  You're causing flashbacks!  More power to you both!

Ann

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
Nice cover.  I really need to post mine.  Between the knee and the company we had yesterday (early Thanksgiving so kids could visit in-laws.)

Betsy

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I lived in northern honshu in the aomori prefecture. The town I lived was Misawa City, but it was no where close to the size of a city. I loved the community feel of the Misawa. I miss all the festivals in Japan and the awesome food.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Ann Von Hagel said:
You girls know it's rude to have a conversation in a foreign language in front of others who don't speak it, right? :)

Seriously, I'm amazed. . . .I visited Japan once and felt so illiterate. You're causing flashbacks! More power to you both!

Ann
I thought so. LOL So here is the translation.

メリアさん、おげんき? キンドルは にんきもの --- Ms. Melia, how are you? Kindle is very popular.
私は げんきです。 あなたは げんきですか。 キンドルは あいしてる。 --- I'm fine. How about you? I love the Kindle.
私も元気です。 漢字もよめるのですか?  --- I'm fine. You can read kanji too?
。。。は えいごで なんと いいますか。 --- How do you say it in English?
わたしは すこし かんじ を わかります。 --- I understand little kanji.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Vegas_Asian said:
I lived in northern honshu in the aomori prefecture. The town I lived was Misawa City, but it was no where close to the size of a city. I loved the community feel of the Misawa. I miss all the festivals in Japan and the awesome food.
I've been to Aomori when I was in elementary. I have a good memory of the trip. Very countryside, nice people. I remember having sea urchin like a soup. LOL

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Shizu said:
。。。は えいごで なんと いいますか。 --- How do you say it in English?
pronounced: ....[space for the subject of the sentence] wa eigo (like the waffle) nanto iimasuka.
This is a very helpful phase to know if you are travelling in japan and trying to identify a mysterious object or food. The comes in handy to: これは にほんご なんと いいますか。 or how do you say this in Japanese?
pronounced: .kore wa nihongo nanto iimasuka

1 - 20 of 41 Posts