Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two covers created by KBoarder Kalen O'Donnell. The only differences are the colors of the author name and the title's 2nd word. This was from Kalen's pre-mades. He hadn't posted it yet, and he showed it to me. I think it's a terrific cover, but I'm unsure which color set would be better. I have a preference, but I'd like to hear the opinions of others.Thanks.

Here's Kalen's website:

http://coverdesigns.kalenodonnell.com/

Recommended. He's talented and easy to work with.

·
Registered
4,555 Posts
I like the gold author name, but not the red to gold fade in the title on that one. So... maybe a mesh of both? :)

·
Registered
609 Posts
Content removed due to TOS Change of 2018. I do not agree to the terms.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Visually I like the 1st one more, but the contrast on the 2nd one makes the names stand out more which is nice.

On a side note I love how the word Annie follows the path of the orbit and still flows into the rest of the title.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
I find the title easier to read on the first one with blue/white letters.  I had to squint on the thumbnail of the orange one to read it.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I like the second one. I can't see the word to attract my interest further on the smaller all blue one. On a side note, in the thumbnails the Earth looks like it's part of her shoulder and arm... which may just be me. That's not a negative by the way, just an item of interest.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I like the second one best because the color contrast pops. I'm struggling with the orange/yellow gradient, though. It kind of reminds me of Powerpoint graphics... A blue/red contrast might work.

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Opinions are split almost evenly. For now, I'm going with the blue cover. Don't tell my wife. If you see the cover revert in my sig to the second one, it means that Miss Judy has prevailed again.

If sales don't pick up, I might try the orange color.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts