Kindle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started reading this morning and it seems to be a good "cozy" mystery involving, as the title indicates, cats and quilts. The main character talks about the three cats she owns with a police officer and says, "Yup. That's my clowder for you," then goes on to explain "That's what you call a group of adult cats. On the other hand, a group of kittens is called a kindle."

I thought about pulling up the Words I Learned Because of My Kindle thread or adding it to the Pet Lovers thread, but decided the mention and definition of kindle I had never heard before deserved its own thread with a link for cozy lovers to check it out themselves! How fun is that - we are all cat owners now ;D!

·
Registered
472 Posts
thanks for sharing that! we are all learning something new....wait until I tell my husband that. (he is a huge cat lover!) we have 3 cats and 2 stray cats, plus my dog.

·
Registered
9,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You are welcome!  I'm glad someone else found it interesting.  I guess I should have just posted in the What I Am Reading Now instead of starting a new thread.  The book itself was a good read and is the first in what will apparently be an new series for Sweeney.  You definitely have a clowder of cats at your house!

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
I never knew kittens lived in a kindle, nor that cats are in a clowder. Thanks for this....

L

·
Registered
43 Posts
Thanks for this!  3 of my favorite things;  quilts, cats and a cozy.  Oh, an new words...

·
Registered
9,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The book was enjoyable too, I think this is a good start to a new series if you like cozies.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts