Kindle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had and loved the pink lighted Kindle cover for my K3 since the day I bought it (when they were first released).
Last week I discovered a hairline crack that extended from the left bottom corner of the screen to the top of the lower prong of the cover. It was barely noticeable, but definitely present. (I had read on the boards that this has also happened to a handful of others.)

First I contacted SquareTrade, and after filling out the online information, was informed that my Kindle was still under warranty for this, since it wasn't from being dropped or anything.

I called Kindle Customer Service, and they told me they would replace my Kindle and the cover (they have been re-engineered). I asked if I could get a new Kindle rather than a refurbished one, as I had a bad experience with a re-furbished one in the past. After the CS Rep checked with his Supervisor, he told me there was no way they could do that; I had even offered to pay a little more for it.

However, he offered to give me a Promotional Credit for $15 for my trouble! I was pretty happy about that, because even though I made the request for a new one, I realized that the answer just might be "no", and I had resolved to be ok with that. The Rep also told me he would call me in a week to check on the Kindle I received and make sure it was in good order.

Because he couldn't order a new cover for me (he tried) he also credited my account $59.99 for a new cover, as well as $3.99 so I could get next day shipping.
My new Kindle and cover arrived the next day, and I really think I did receive a brand new K3; if it is refurbished, it is in fantastic shape, and works better than my last one (faster page turns, less sensitive 5-way switch [mine was overly sensitive]).

I couldn't be happier with it, and once again, am so impressed with Amazon's stellar Customer Service.
Just wanted to share this with you. It's always nice to hear good news.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Just further evidence that their Customer Service is very much top-notch.

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
Hi Juli, good to see you posting again!  Amazon customer service is great, isn't it, I'm so glad they are making everything good for you.  The only bad thing is having to transfer all your books over, I had to do that once and don't want to do it again.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Amazon's customer service is great. It's good to hear that things worked out for you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts