Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, whilst I was perusing these boards, before I had my Kindle, I thought, no way am I gonna get a skin, or a $75 cover, or a bag to carry it around in. HA HA HA!!!

Got a skin, ordered a cover, and have the bag. Maybe there is something to that Stephen King novel, only he missed the mark. The Kindle makes us BUY things to accessorize it!!

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Shoot....I remember waaaaaay back in December when I was searching for info on this thing my hubby got me for by birthday in early December, I saw all the info on Oberon and thought "why would I need that?  Doesn't it come with a case?!"  Then, just for fun, I went to Oberons site and almost fell out when I saw how much they were.  I distinctly remember not understanding that at all....

Fast forward to March 23: my SECOND Oberon arrived.....to cover my SECOND DecalGirl skin..... ::)

·
Registered
599 Posts
I thought I would never even use an e-book reader! I thought they were an interesting but not for me... then I got one for Xmas and now it's two DecalGirl skins, two Borsa Bella bags and one M-Edge (and a pack of sticky-back rhinestones to decorate it) later...

·
Registered
61 Posts
I think I need someone to smack me upside the head.  I have a K2, 2 Borsa Bella Bags, an Oberon cover & just ordered a DecalGirl skin in Burlwood.  As if that's not bad enough I.........   I, uh,...... I, uhm (mumbles & tries to find a smaller print to type in) *cough* justboughtabrandnewinboxkindle1offofebay *cough*

I think I am seriously ill.  Why would a person need more than one Kindle?  I HAD to have it though.  I just did.  So now I'll have to buy an Oberon for that one & a skin.  I really wanted a K1 to begin with but ended up w/K2.  I really like it & don't want to give it up, but I still couldn't stop myself from wanting to experience K1.   The person selling the K1 on eBay won it on the Ellen show in December & didn't want it.  So, there you have it.  Yeesh.  

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Think about it this way... you are "Stimulating the Economy during this "recession"".  ;)

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
purdueav8r said:
I think I am seriously ill. Why would a person need more than one Kindle? I HAD to have it though. I just did. So now I'll have to buy an Oberon for that one & a skin. I really wanted a K1 to begin with but ended up w/K2. I really like it & don't want to give it up, but I still couldn't stop myself from wanting to experience K1. The person selling the K1 on eBay won it on the Ellen show in December & didn't want it. So, there you have it. Yeesh.
Well that sounds great. Here Ellen thought she was giving all those Kindles good loving homes and someone didn't want it? Come on! It was your civic duty to buy it! Good for you. And like others said, you are stimulating the economy, too.

My accessorizing has gone so far afield that I bought a KitchenAid mixer last evening. I suppose that is needed to make the brownies that I'll eat while reading on my Kindle....or something like that.

L

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
purdueav8r said:
Why would a person need more than one Kindle? I HAD to have it though. I just did.
You've heard of people collecting Teddy Bears, or Barbie dolls. You can collect KIndles. I have a K1 and am thinking about getting a second one just in case the first one breaks. I do not want a K2, so I may need a spare, just in case. We are all sick in our own way.

Steve

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
purdueav8r said:
I think I need someone to smack me upside the head. I have a K2, 2 Borsa Bella Bags, an Oberon cover & just ordered a DecalGirl skin in Burlwood. As if that's not bad enough I......... I, uh,...... I, uhm (mumbles & tries to find a smaller print to type in) *cough* justboughtabrandnewinboxkindle1offofebay *cough*

I think I am seriously ill. Why would a person need more than one Kindle? I HAD to have it though. I just did. So now I'll have to buy an Oberon for that one & a skin. I really wanted a K1 to begin with but ended up w/K2. I really like it & don't want to give it up, but I still couldn't stop myself from wanting to experience K1. The person selling the K1 on eBay won it on the Ellen show in December & didn't want it. So, there you have it. Yeesh.
Well of course you needed a K1 so you could buy more accessories. See you on the Accessories board...

Betsy

·
Registered
4,791 Posts
stevene9 said:
You've heard of people collecting Teddy Bears, or Barbie dolls. You can collect KIndles. I have a K1 and am thinking about getting a second one just in case the first one breaks. I do not want a K2, so I may need a spare, just in case. We are all sick in our own way.

Steve
Been there, done that. :) And now I use my "spare" K1 to hold all my samples. Helps clear the home page of my main K1! :D

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Steph H said:
Been there, done that. :) And now I use my "spare" K1 to hold all my samples. Helps clear the home page of my main K1! :D
See?? Now that is SMART :D

·
Registered
4,791 Posts
Why, thank you. :) I have something like 340 samples now.
It was getting crowded. (And I'll never have time to read all those books...especially considering how many of them belong to series, and I only have the *first book* of the series sampled...
)

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
I am still contemplating getting a second k1.  I just really don't want a k2 and worry about what will happen if something happens to my K1.  I know it's crazy.  I just got my backup battery from amazon so I hope this cures my desire for another k1.  

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Cowgirl said:
I am still contemplating getting a second k1. I just really don't want a k2 and worry about what will happen if something happens to my K1. I know it's crazy. I just got my backup battery from amazon so I hope this cures my desire for another k1.
I am right there with ya on this one. I love my K1 and would be devastated if anything happened to it. I don't want to change hardware, so I too am tempted to to get an extra K1.

*sorry, if I misspell anything, my puter is old and the keyboard doesn't always pick up my keystrokes!*
*Isn't it fun when you write a long post and then spell check it and find out you got it all right? Especially when you are really unsure of how to spell something and just make your best guess! Or maybe that's just me.... ;) *

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
MAGreen said:
*Isn't it fun when you write a long post and then spell check it and find out you got it all right? Especially when you are really unsure of how to spell something and just make your best guess! Or maybe that's just me.... ;) *
I am a total geek like that, too ::) I thought I was the only one! :)

1 - 20 of 51 Posts