Kindle Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I go a bit nuts while waiting on an edit to come back from an editor. I tend to obsess a bit and can't wait to get it back, and need lots of things to keep me busy and distracted. I probably should keep writing other things but the whole "writing" thing feels like it goes into a sort of stasis during that waiting period.

So here's something fun I wanted to share that I did to keep busy today.

Now when I feel like I'm being too mean to my character in the story, I can actually give her a cuddle ^_^

Tech specifics- This was digitally painted, printed onto fabric then machine and hand sewn.

I made my character fairly visually identifiable, so I'm not sure how well this would work for other people's characters, but if anyone out there REALLY wants a softie of one of their characters made up, send me an email and I'll see what I can do!

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
That is really fantastic! You should really consider doing a giveaway with Memory plushie and the 1st book (maybe on the release day of the second book). :) Don't think I mentioned this before but I love, love, love the artwork. I think what makes it extra special is the piece at the start of each chapter.

Kay, back to work.  ;)

·
Registered
7,628 Posts
LOVE it. Great idea and great work. She is totally adorable.

I make and play with dolls, but I haven't even thought of doing one of my characters. Hmmm.

I am going to repaint a vintage Ken doll to look like Daryl Dixon from The Walking Dead. Well, I hope I can get it to look right.

I love Daryl. There's just something about a redneck man... Especially one with a crossbow. And zombies. ;)

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yep, I'm totally going to give away one or two of these for some promos I'm doing soon. But I'll have to make some new ones. This one has already been claimed by my toddler  :D

Junco and Mei-li both look like characters that would work for dolls, just send me an email at [email protected] if you want to try one out :)

Sheila, repainting a ken doll sounds like a great idea! It's fun to have your own characters. I know we all connect with our characters to varying extents, but since I've got a little doll of this one now, I feel all the more attached to the character :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts