Kindle Forum banner

241 - 260 of 402 Posts

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
julidrevezzo said:
Has everyone gotten the emails about the migration? I have not, yet, and I wonder when to expect it. Due to the margin differences (see my last comment) I'm antsy about this process. I tried to manually move them over, just now, and while, weeks ago, I had the "is this published with Createspace" button, it's gone now, and trying to start afresh from the KDP paperback option, the system won't accept my manually pasting in my CS ISBNs. So, my question becomes, do you have to sign in periodically to see if you've received the invite, or will you definitely get an email telling you the ability to move your paperbacks is available?
I haven't gotten the email, either.

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
Cecelia said:
My create space looks totally normal - I can even add new books. I guess I am among the last batch to be migrated?
I'm guessing not even the second or third batch.

I did get the email and the banner, but since I have a lot of paperbacks and also had no idea what I was doing, I ignored. What's that old saying? Use it or lose it. I didn't use the banner so now I've lost it.

I did take the time to deselect CS direct and my password was already the same as my Amazon password. At least that's done and two less glitches to worry about.

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Harald said:
I see your problem.
It gets better. They emailed me back and said 'yes, but don't forget you get royalties when you buy your own books' ...

Sure, ignoring the fact I get a couple of bucks and the retailer selling them to me at full price makes $8.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Simon Haynes said:
It gets better. They emailed me back and said 'yes, but don't forget you get royalties when you buy your own books' ...

Sure, ignoring the fact I get a couple of bucks and the retailer selling them to me at full price makes $8.
Only $8? The known aussie chain stores were charging $75 a copy for my $20rrp titles a while ago via ED. I was getting $2 a sale. We know where the rest was going...

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
M R Mortimer said:
Only $8? The known aussie chain stores were charging $75 a copy for my $20rrp titles a while ago via ED. I was getting $2 a sale. We know where the rest was going...
Bookdepository has mine for around A$25, free postage. (They only seem to have some, though, and the covers are really outdated.)

Somewhere up-thread I saw that KDP titles don't appear on bookdepository anyway, so that avenue is closed.

I'm definitely considering IS, but then I'd have to use 20+ more of my ISBNs, unless I disable extended distribution on Amazon and transferred the ISBNs BACK to lightning source ... again.

And sooner or later, I'm sure the aussie GST issue will be resolved.

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
dcswain said:
That's incorrect info passed on to the poster from Amazon customer service.
Okay, thanks for that. I do sell through extended distro now and then, and Book Depository is the cheapest place for aussies to buy my book ... assuming they don't get embroiled in this GST nonsense too.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Simon Haynes said:
Okay, thanks for that. I do sell through extended distro now and then, and Book Depository is the cheapest place for aussies to buy my book ... assuming they don't get embroiled in this GST nonsense too.
The book depository sells via the amazon au site, which does not have to charge the gst, so will still be able to sell books here, though they DO charge DOUBLE the RRP on my titles, which is utterly disgraceful. This entire GST thing has to be reversed, because it has effectively shut down a hell of a lot more local creative and entrepreneurial activity than just writers. It is a disgusting money grab backed by the greed of Mr Harvey and his palls in the LNP. NO international company should be made to act as deputies for the ATO - they should do their own damned dirty work.

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
But if you go to BD directly, aren't your titles listed at normal retail, and postage-paid to Australia?

I wouldn't buy them through amazon.com.au - you pay more AND you have to pay postage too.

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Simon Haynes said:
When I go to the details page (very first tab), the description box is highlighted in red, and there are red warning signs at the top and bottom of the page advising me to fix the issue before continuing. What issue? There's a description in the box, and whether I blank it out, replace it, or enter 'please work' a few dozen times, the outline remains red. I can't save as draft, I can't proceed and I can't change any other info.

(Refreshing the page in my browser just loses all my changes, and puts the red frame around the description box again.)

Has anyone seen this before?
Just wanted to report that this has magically fixed itself. I was finally able to get past the details screen and set the territories and prices.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Mine are the same price on BD and on .com.au, no difference last time I checked. Book Depository free postage is made up in the price of the books.

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
ParkerAvrile said:
I complained and the two books affected have been fixed.
Same!

ParkerAvrile said:
Simon, are you the one who had some books lost in the transfer from CS to KDP? They have lost 3 titles which still appear in the Amazon store as available for sale but they are not at Createspace nor are they in my KDP backend.

KDP said to transfer the books from CS, so I sent them a screenshot of my empty CS dashboard confirming I already asked for all books to be transferred.

I would re-load the paperbacks again at KDP myself BUT since they are appearing for sale at Amazon, I'm afraid they've actually been credited to someone else's account already & this needs to be fixed to avoid a hassle from Content Review.
Yes, still missing one title. When I look on the product page it's still for sale, but it's not on my KDP account. On the KDP dashboard it just offers to link the ebook edition to nothing.

·
Banned
2,208 Posts
Simon Haynes said:
Bookdepository has mine for around A$25, free postage. (They only seem to have some, though, and the covers are really outdated.)
You can email a cover image to Book Depository. They're very good about adding it. (Or at least they were before Amazon bought them....)

But if you go to BD directly, aren't your titles listed at normal retail, and postage-paid to Australia?
Self-published books are often a dollar or so over the list price. I suppose it varies with their profit margin.

·
Registered
300 Posts
AlexaGrave said:
I haven't gotten "the email" yet and don't have the option to migrate yet either, but this seems like a royal mess.

I'm wondering, though, will things get sticky for me because I have my KDP account under one email address and then my Createspace account under a different email address? Or do we plug in the KDP account details (email address and password) when we click that migrate button (once it appears for me...).
I have the same issue as you and haven't seen any answers for this yet. I haven't received any emails, my dashboard looks normal, and my CreateSpace/KDP accounts are under two different email addresses and passwords. I'm concerned that if I can't manually transfer them soon, they could be accredited to an Amazon account associated with the CreateSpace email address (and I do have an Amazon account under this email as well, but I haven't published anything on KDP with it).

Anyone who has been through the process, can you tell us if you enter all of your KDP information (password AND email) on CreateSpace to start the migration? I also have the "Link Existing Paperback" options on my KDP dashboard. Does going that route allow you to use a CreateSpace account under a different email address? I may do that one book at a time if I don't receive an email soon since I don't want this to turn into a huge issue.

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
Rosie Scott said:
I have the same issue as you and haven't seen any answers for this yet. I haven't received any emails, my dashboard looks normal, and my CreateSpace/KDP accounts are under two different email addresses and passwords. I'm concerned that if I can't manually transfer them soon, they could be accredited to an Amazon account associated with the CreateSpace email address (and I do have an Amazon account under this email as well, but I haven't published anything on KDP with it).

Anyone who has been through the process, can you tell us if you enter all of your KDP information (password AND email) on CreateSpace to start the migration? I also have the "Link Existing Paperback" options on my KDP dashboard. Does going that route allow you to use a CreateSpace account under a different email address? I may do that one book at a time if I don't receive an email soon since I don't want this to turn into a huge issue.
This is where that link leads to.

"Choose a book to link. This only links your books on the Bookshelf, not their detail pages."

·
Registered
406 Posts
Rosie Scott said:

Oh, gosh, I am glad you brought this up. I didn't even think of it. I've received emails about the merger but never had a link. I also have different emails for Createspace and KDP. Hmmm...slightly concerned now.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Gertie Kindle 'a/k/a Margaret Lake' said:
This is where that link leads to.

"Choose a book to link. This only links your books on the Bookshelf, not their detail pages."
Okay, thank you. Does this mean this is not a valid alternative to totally migrating files and everything else from CreateSpace to KDP? Or that it will migrate completely but you have to go through support to connect versions on the store? I'm hesitating to go this route since I don't want to mess anything up with migrating them all if this goes haywire. ???

AmesburyArcher said:
Oh, gosh, I am glad you brought this up. I didn't even think of it. I've received emails about the merger but never had a link. I also have different emails for Createspace and KDP. Hmmm...slightly concerned now.
If anything, knowing that I'm not alone with this makes me feel better. If it's a common enough issue I'm hoping that support has a workaround for it if books migrate to the wrong account.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
AlexaGrave said:
I haven't gotten "the email" yet and don't have the option to migrate yet either, but this seems like a royal mess.

I'm wondering, though, will things get sticky for me because I have my KDP account under one email address and then my Createspace account under a different email address? Or do we plug in the KDP account details (email address and password) when we click that migrate button (once it appears for me...).
Rosie Scott said:
I have the same issue as you and haven't seen any answers for this yet. I haven't received any emails, my dashboard looks normal, and my CreateSpace/KDP accounts are under two different email addresses and passwords.
Count me as another one with different email addresses for these. I never even considered that it might be an issue, so thanks for the heads up.

241 - 260 of 402 Posts