Kindle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wondering if there are any problems with a 2nd edition of a book that you could get into with Amazon. My book was 64,000 words now it's 71,791. What's the best way to go about putting this one up? Thanks.

·
Registered
93 Posts
It doesn’t sound like you’ve massively changed the content, so you shouldn’t have any problems.

Probably not relevant, but last week I tried to update one of my old books with a new book title. Amazon didn’t allow me to do this. They said that it might be confusing for readers, or words to that effect. In the end, I ended up creating a new book.

·
Registered
4,152 Posts
If you want to release it as a true second edition, contact KDP beforehand and give them the ASIN of the original book. Let them know that it's being published as a second edition and you want your reviews, ranking, and everything changed over to it. They'll reply with further instructions. Then publish the second edition as if it were a new book. Once it's live, reply to their email and give them the ASIN of the new second edition. They'll move everything over in a few days. Some readers might want to read the new version and they will buy the second edition, even though they've already bought the first.

If it's not drastically changed, like moving chapters around, you can just upload the new manuscript file to the existing book and you're done.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I mean I do feel it's changed a lot because I added 8000 words some of which is scattered through out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts