Kindle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's the best software or format to use to create my own family eCookbook?  I can create it in HTML, but if there is another program that would make it easier, I'd be interested in finding it!  Anybody have any experience with this?

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
I will second that.  I used HTML & Mobipocket to create my nutrition guide, and it was definitely the way to go.  I think any non-fiction books really need the organization and the active contents, etc. that the Mobipocket Creator can help you with.  The resulting PRC file can be directly loaded up on a Kindle.

--Maria

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
I would probably write it in word, then save it as a rtf file.  Then I would load it to Calibre and convert it to a mobi file.  Then load the mobi file to the Kindle.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I've used Word 2003 and when I'm done with all the tweaking, etc. saved it as filtered HTML.  Then I've used the Mobi. My eyes start to twitch when I read some of the ways to do all of this - it's way over my head - but I've managed to hone it down to a few steps that make it all work.  At home, not on the computer I'm sitting at, I have a post (maybe on the KDP Support Forums) that was very helpful for this sort of formatting. If I can pull it up I'll post a link here.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts