Kindle Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have you found that it's just as much of a challenge thinking up different and creative ways to attract attention on twitter when marketing your books without being too pushy about it? Without stepping over the line and being a troll?
Here are a few new ones I thought of today
But I don't do it every day and I try to post during the height of the day when the most people might be on twitter  like a smoke break or lunch
Tired of 400 page novels? Eager for a tight story of under 100 pages? Well, stop lookin'!

Stuck on the bus or train today? You could be reading a book... great way to pass the time.

In the same vein as Richard Paul Evans or Nicholas Sparks- just less pages for a quicker reading experience

Hopefully, I can slowly build some word of mouth as well as steady sales

Does anyone else find it a challenge to stay noticed on twitter?

·
Registered
8,104 Posts
For me, it's not about the followers. It's about the hashtags. I see whats trending in what country, and then tie my books into the hashtag. It's about reaching new readers.

Remember twitter wants to sell advertising. So what do they do? refer writers to writers so they are all in one nice big circle tweeting to each other about their books.

Stop following authors and break out of that circle.

My potential readers girls age 12+ and people who are interested in history guns and war are what I'm looking for in followers. I use hashtags aimed at these groups of people.

My husband actually is much more involved on Twitter than I am and has around 15,000 followers. He spends most of his time posting jokes, but then every few days or so, he'll release some about my books or the movie developments.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts