Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just want to make sure I am doing this correctly. As long as I click on the "Get Kindle Books" link at the top of the page, I can hunt and click on any book and KindleBoards will get some credit for any book I purchase from Amazon? I usually average between 5 to 10 books a week. If Amazon kicks back to you guys, that is awesome!!

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Also...

If there is picture of a book in a thread, you can purchase straight from that.  The board will get credit. 

·
Registered
12,456 Posts
Yes - and thank you for asking about it. In fact, the site gets credit for *any* purchase you make on Amazon, even if it's not in the Kindle area - as long as you clicked from a link on our pages to get to Amazon.

It's a really good program and I think Amazon is brilliant for how it has implemented it.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Well, shoot!  :-[

I just made a "Black Friday" purchase from Amazon the other day. 

Wish I had known this then  ;)

Onward now,

Marci

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I will be sure to link to Amazon through KindleBoards from now on. I also order items other than books from Amazon. You never know when something "cool" will catch my eye...lol!

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
WolfePrincess73 said:
I will be sure to link to Amazon through KindleBoards from now on. I also order items other than books from Amazon. You never know when something "cool" will catch my eye...lol!
I've gotten into that habit now. Before I leave the Board this morning, if I can ever tear myself away, I'll be making another purchase. Gotta keep this Board going.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok, one more question. Does Amazon tell you who purchased? I am getting ready to buy a couple series, I have them all in hard cover but want them on Ken. Just curious if there is anyway we can make sure KindleBoards is getting credit for the books we buy.

G

·
WolfePrincess73 said:
I think Kindleboards even gets credit for non-book purchases, so long as you get to Amazon by using the "Amazon" link at the top of your KB screen. Or, for that matter, by using the "Get Kindlebooks" link and then, once you are at Amazon, navigating away from the Kindle store and into other departments.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the info! I just discovered you guys recently and think what you are doing here is great! If I can help out by doing something as easy as connecting to Amazon through this site before I click the "Buy Now" button, I am totally on board!

·
Registered
261 Posts
I'm thinking of buying a new PC from amazon so I'm setting up the link here - seemed a good thread to put it in. this is my first time using linkmaker too, so it's also a test...

maybe my new pc

keep your fingers crosssed - buying anything computer related is like pulling teeth when the hubby gets involved...

·
Registered
12,456 Posts
WolfePrincess73 said:
Ok, one more question. Does Amazon tell you who purchased? I am getting ready to buy a couple series, I have them all in hard cover but want them on Ken. Just curious if there is anyway we can make sure KindleBoards is getting credit for the books we buy.
There's not really a way to make sure, but I believe it's very reliable.

·
Registered
679 Posts
bosslady said:
I'm thinking of buying a new PC from amazon so I'm setting up the link here - seemed a good thread to put it in. this is my first time using linkmaker too, so it's also a test...

maybe my new pc

keep your fingers crosssed - buying anything computer related is like pulling teeth when the hubby gets involved...
Ooh - a Tablet. I love mine. Toshiba is a good brand too.

·
Registered
12,456 Posts
Bacardi Jim said:
I think Kindleboards even gets credit for non-book purchases, so long as you get to Amazon by using the "Amazon" link at the top of your KB screen. Or, for that matter, by using the "Get Kindlebooks" link and then, once you are at Amazon, navigating away from the Kindle store and into other departments.
Yes, Jim is exactly right. Whatever purchases end up being acquired at Amazon, the site gets credited so long as you hopped to Amazon through one of our affiliate links. Any of the Amazon-related links in our menu bar ("Amazon", "Get Kindle", "Get Kindle Books") are affiliate links, and any link in a post that was made with Link-Maker is an affiliate link.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ooohhhhhh a new computer! I will keep my fingers crossed for you! I am getting my hubby a new computer for Christmas. He is a long time gamer and has been drooling over Alienware computers for awhile now. The computer he has now keeps getting hot and locking up in the middle of his game. So since he lets me dress Ken and buy books for him whenever I want, plus as long as he is gaming he is otherwise occupied  ;D , I think it can only be a benifit to me to gift him a new computer. (P.S. The Alienware computers are also reallllllly cool. They have lights and stuff  ;) )

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
I'm buying my grandson a mini-computer through Amazon.  I have quite a few reward points through my Amazon Visa, so it'll be affordable.  Have to call them and get those points today or he'll be getting a wrapped photo of it for Christmas. 

·
Registered
869 Posts
WolfePrincess73 said:
(P.S. The Alienware computers are also reallllllly cool. They have lights and stuff ;) )
You are so incredibly right! For those who do not know, the link below takes you to a picture of one of their computers.

You are getting your husband a great gift since he's a gamer! Mayhap you can post some after-Christmas pics of him zoned out on it ;) :D

Marci

·
Super Moderator
67,325 Posts
Don't want to rain on anyone's parade, but our experience with these folks (Alienware) was not good.  We ordered a system for my son several years ago as a Christmas present and it never arrived.  The delivery people (Airborne Express) had taken it to the wrong house and forged a delivery signature -- not even very well.  Neither they nor Alienware would admit fault.  I don't expect them to give stuff away free, but we had all kinds of documentation attesting to the fact that we hadn't signed for the thing.  At first they sent a replacement but then billed us a second time without notice, and refused to remove either billing. 

Fortunately, in February, when our neighbor around the corner got home from her trip she realized the box wasn't hers (a maid had taken it in without paying attention to the addressee) and alerted us.   Alienware did reverse the billing when we sent the unit back.  But they were not nice about it at all. . . . . .basically accused us of lying to get a second one free with no apology when we sent the one back.

Anyway, we won't buy from Alienware again, nor any company that uses Airborne Express for delivery.  Just our experience, of course.  YMMV.

Ann

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Wow, that doesn't sound good. They have been great with us so far. They already have my money. They call me every other day or so to update me on the build. I am going to cross my fingers and hope we don't have any problems with delivery.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts