Kindle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm experimenting with this -- a page at the back of my titles that promotes my other books. I know a few other people are doing this as well -- have you found any success from this? It might be hard to quantify any actual sales influence from a page within your own book, but I'm curious regardless.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
I do one chapter of the next book, a list of other books by Andre' SanThomas and links to them.  I believe it does help, but of course I can't quantify it.

·
Registered
5,275 Posts
Not precisely the same thing, but all the edited collections from my site advertise the site and I've had significant increase in hits to the site corresponding with my sales/freebes.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
I do links to all my other books in the back of each. I know it works because my small press book is 2 years old and every time I have a burst of sales of my first indie then I have a burst of the small press's sales.

·
Registered
527 Posts
jasongurley said:
I'm experimenting with this -- a page at the back of my titles that promotes my other books. I know a few other people are doing this as well -- have you found any success from this? It might be hard to quantify any actual sales influence from a page within your own book, but I'm curious regardless.
It is good practice to do it and most of the experts will recommend it. I prefer in the beginning as other titles.

·
Registered
463 Posts
I think it's a smart idea - just be sure not to include affiliate links (it can get you canned from the program, at Amazon). Otherwise, live links work well to Amazon ... if you never change the ASIN. Linking to a domain you own with a page for each book reduces impulse buys (and make sure it is mobile friendly ... also, you can have affiliate links there), but guarantees that the page stays in place (unless you decide otherwise, of course).

·
Registered
285 Posts
I have a page like that, but it's hard to say how useful it's been, since I only have one published book, and am getting ready to release the second, though there's blurbs for several others in the final stages of preparation. I have a hard time imagining it not helping, once the books are released, and I can include links to the amazon page for them.

I'll also say, whenever I get a traditionally published book, that page is one of the first things I look for. I can usually tell whether I'll like an author, stylistically, from the blurbs, and I'll often put books back if it looks like the author has a swing-and-a-miss track record of holding my attention.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts