Kindle Forum banner

141 - 148 of 148 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #141
It's book launch day at Crystal Lake Publishing: http://getbook.at/Arterial

"Yardley's debut anthology floored me. An incredible cocktail of poetic darkness, fueled by some of the best names working today. A must-have for any horror fan." - Matt Hayward, Bram Stoker Award-nominated author of What Do Monsters Fear? and A Penny For Your Thoughts

Lush. Brutal.
Beautiful. Visceral.

Crystal Lake Publishing proudly presents Arterial Bloom, an artful juxtaposition of the magnificence and macabre that exist within mankind. Each tale in this collection is resplendent with beauty, teeth, and heart.

Edited by the Bram Stoker Award-winning writer Mercedes M. Yardley, Arterial Bloom is a literary experience featuring 16 stories from some of the most compelling dark authors writing today.

With a foreword by HWA Lifetime Achievement Award Recipient Linda D. Addison, you are invited to step inside and let the grim flowers wind themselves comfortably around your bones.

"The stories in Arterial Bloom work in tandem, enticing the reader into rapturous melancholia. The end result is both comforting and unsettling, my favorite way to feel." - Sadie Hartmann, Cemetery Dance

TOC:
The Stone Door by Jimmy Bernard
Dog (Does Not) Eat Dog by Grant Longstaff
Kudzu Stories by Linda J. Marshall
Dead Letters by Christopher Barzak
The Darker Side of Grief by Naching T. Kassa
Welcome to My Autumn by Daniel Crow
Still Life by Kelli Owen
Three Masks by Armand Rosamilia
Doodlebug by John Boden
Happy Pills by Todd Keisling
What Remained of Her by Jennifer Loring
Blue Was Her Favorite Color by Dino Parenti
In the Loop by Ken Liu
The Making of Mary by Steven Pirie
Mouths Filled with Sea Water by Jonathan Cosgrove
Rotten by Carina Bissett

"It starts with the title, Arterial Bloom-a release of crimson power, turning into something else entirely-blossoming and expanding, changing shape. These stories are transformative, mixing horror and wonder, in equal amounts. Mercedes Yardley, and Crystal Lake, have an aesthetic that haunts the reader, getting under your skin, burrowing in, and calling you home. Always lyrical, always powerful, this anthology will shine some light into the darkness, but beware the moment the beam starts to flicker." - Richard Thomas, author of Disintegration and Breaker, past Bram Stoker, Shirley Jackson, and Thriller award nominee

"Arterial Bloom injects the 'literary' piece into the horror genre with works that excel in well-crafted surprises, powerful senses of place and character, and works that stand out from the crowd." - D. Donovan, Senior Reviewer, Midwest Book Review.

Amazon: http://getbook.at/Arterial
Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/52681858-arterial-bloom

Proudly represented by Crystal Lake Publishing - Tales from the Darkest Depths.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #142
It's book launch day at Crystal Lake Publishing! Shallow Waters Vol.5 is now available on Kindle for only 99c (and Kindle Unlimited for free!) - http://getbook.at/SWaters5

Shallow Waters-where nothing stays buried.

With 23 Dark Fiction & Horror tales diving beneath the surface of life, death, and the mystery that lies beneath, this is one not to be missed:

"Driving On" by Guy Medley
"Dichotomy" by Jason Parent
"Babysitting for Writers" by Kevin David Anderson
"The Good Samaritan" by L.F. Falconer
"Of Debris and Duty" by John Boden
"The Visitors" by Mark Allan Gunnells
"Twenty Reasons to Stay and One to Leave" by Richard Thomas
"The Knights of Cold Days" by Dave Jeffery
"Travel Bag" by Bryan Miller
"In the Desert, In the Night" by Pedro Iniguez
"Grievance" by Christine Lajewski
"Fuel for My Fire" by Linsey Knerl
"The Dead Lands" by Anthony D Redden
"Welcome to Gothmart" by David Bernard
"The Mascot" by Jennifer K Carstens
"Wasteland" by Sheldon Woodbury
"All's Fair" by Michelle Mellon
"Stay Away" by Michael Patrick Hicks
"The Road Home" by Rand Eastwood
"Midnight Sun" by James Dorr
"The Wind Stakes Its Claim" by Kris Kinsella
"The Forest of Skin" by Esteban Vargas
"Second Chance" by Alex Ebenstein

Since we're launching our Still Water Bay series on Patreon this month (on our $5 and higher tiers), anyone who joins will receive Shallow Waters Vol.5 for free: https://www.patreon.com/CLP

Brought to you by Crystal Lake Publishing-Tales from The Darkest Depths.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #143
Out today - a brand new novel release from Crystal Lake Publishing and author Rex Hurst!

Set in 1986, Jon St. Fond's life is a living Hell. Deliberately abused and neglected by his parents, the only joy he has in life is an escape into a fantasy land of role playing games. Soon he discovers that his parents are part of a secret occult religion with hidden ties all across the world.
As Jon and his friends dig, they learn more of the secret history of the world and discover the power of making deals with creatures from Beyond. However, power has its price, as Jon and his friends quickly discover. One-by-one they begin to become consumed by their own desires and hatreds.

Order now: http://getbook.at/HellMayCome

Since its founding in 2012, Crystal Lake's authors, books, artists, and editors (and even the company itself) have walked away with 47 prestigious awards and nominations. That's quality guaranteed. Welcome to Crystal Lake Publishing - Tales from The Darkest Depths

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #144
Out today, our 100th publication:

Brad Storm doesn't believe in ghosts, but moving into the house at 324 Abercorn just may change his mind.

Best-selling author Bradley Storm finally has enough money to buy and restore his dream home. Despite 324 Abercorn's reputation as one of the most haunted houses in America, Bradley isn't worried. He doesn't believe in the supernatural. Then strange things begin to happen. Objects no longer where he left them. Phantom noises heard from empty rooms. Shadows glimpsed from the corner of his eye.

Is his house truly haunted, or is there something more sinister happening on the property?

With the help of Bradley's new boyfriend and a few friends who are just as intrigued with the seemingly inexplicable occurrences surrounding the infamous house, they set out to find the truth of what stalks

"Mark Allan Gunnells has created a downright chilling story centered around what many believe to be Savannah's Amityville house. This book had me sleeping with the lights on, and I study this for a living."-Ryan Dunn Lead Investigator/ Founder The Savannah Ghost Research Society.

Sample it: https://a.co/bfUK0ip

Experience it:
Amazon: getbook.at/324Abercorn
Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/54188423-324-abercorn

Since its founding in 2012, Crystal Lake's authors, books, artists, and editors (and even the company itself) have walked away with 47 prestigious awards and nominations. That's quality guaranteed. Welcome to Crystal Lake Publishing - Tales from The Darkest Depths

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #145
Brand new Paranormal Horror novel, out today from C.S. Alleyne and Crystal Lake Publishing: http://getbook.at/BelleVue

Jealousy. Betrayal. Murder. And a hunger for vengeance that spans the centuries...

History student Alex Palmer is thrilled when his girlfriend, Claire Ryan, buys an apartment in Belle Vue Manor, formerly a Victorian lunatic asylum.

But as Alex begins to discover the dark truth about the asylum's past, he, Claire, and their friend Marianne find themselves on a nightmarish journey. Each will face the deadly consequences of the evil that began with the construction of the first Belle Vue Manor by an aristocratic French émigré in 1789, as well as the cruelty and satanic practices that continued when it became an asylum for the insane.

As the two strands--past and present--unfold, Alex uncovers a supernatural mystery where revenge is paramount and innocence irrelevant--without being aware of the price he, and those around him, will pay.

"An epic horror thriller" that is "filled with surprising, satisfyingly creepy twists" and is "highly recommended for audiences who eschew the usual formula production in favor of a work that is more multifaceted and satisfying on emotional, historical, and philosophical levels alike."-Midwest Book Review

"From first page to end a resounding chorus of 'wows'! 100% riveting", "Excellent character delineations, exciting plotting and I want to read it all over again!"-Mallory's Mystery Clearing House

"C.S Alleyne is incredible at setting the scene and inciting the emotion."-Dan Thomas

"Unexpected twists that I've never encountered before in the genre and I absolutely adore the fresh approach. These twists are used throughout the book, taking it in unexpected directions."-Whispering Stories

Experience it today: http://getbook.at/BelleVue

Since its founding in 2012, Crystal Lake's authors, books, artists, and editors (and even the company itself) received 48 prestigious awards and nominations. That's quality guaranteed. Welcome to Crystal Lake Publishing - Tales from The Darkest Depths

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #146
Coming this Friday: http://getbook.at/HorrorShow

It's end of October 1985 and the crumbling river town of Dubois, Iowa is shocked by the gruesome murder of one of the pillars of the community. Detective David Carlson has no motive, no evidence, and only one lead: the macabre local legend of "Boris Orlof," a late night horror movie host who burned to death during a stage performance at the drive-in on Halloween night twenty years ago and the teenage loner obsessed with keeping his memory alive.

The body count is rising and the darkness that hangs over the town grows by the hour. Time is running out as Carlson desperately chases shadows into a nightmare world of living horrors.

On Halloween the drive-in re-opens at midnight for a show no one will ever forget.

"Midnight Horror Show takes you through the darkest recesses of horror nostalgia and video store lore into a fog-drenched gothic landscape of occult murders, mysterious creatures, and so much blood. Evokes Poe, Lovecraft, and Clive Barker in a compelling mystery that's familiar while feeling thoroughly fresh. I couldn't put the book down." - Ben Rock, Video Palace, The Blair Witch Project

Since its founding in 2012, Crystal Lake's authors, books, artists, and editors (and even the company itself) have received 50 prestigious awards and nominations. That's quality guaranteed. Welcome to Crystal Lake Publishing - Tales from The Darkest Depths

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #147
Coming Friday the 13th of November from Crystal Lake Publishing and Jason Parent.

"Set in the mountainous desert just outside Sin City, Jason Parent's EIGHT CYLINDERS is a wild mix of Fury Road, Dante's Inferno, and Lovecraftian horror. Whip-fast and oozing darkness - monster lovers won't be able to resist this slick little read." - Lee Murray, award-winning author of INTO THE MIST

Sebastian "Seb" McAlister has run out of luck in Vegas. Cornered by a trigger-happy gang and shot through the stomach, he makes a desperate escape in his supercharged Hellcat. Fate guides Seb safely out of Sin City and into the desert, but as his wheels fade into the horizon, he fades into darkness.

He awakes among a tiny community in the middle of nowhere. A mountain range circles the hodgepodge of shacks like prison walls looming high. And the warden that resides in those mountains is big, ugly, and deadly - a creature straight out of a Lovecraftian nightmare.

If Seb hopes to escape that wayward way station, he'll need enough cunning to outwit a force beyond comprehension... and a fast car. With a little luck and a ragtag group of would-be monster mashers racing alongside him, Seb just might have a shot of making it through the mountains alive.

"In Eight Cylinders, Jason Parent serves up memorable characters, fast-paced action, and monstrous terrors. It's hard-boiled, high-octane horror that rips the reader along while delivering genuine chills on a road to redemption paved with death and danger." -James Chambers, Bram Stoker Award-winning author of On the Night Border.

Pre-order your experience today!
eBook: https://geni.us/8CylindersEbook
Paperback: https://geni.us/8CylindersPB

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #148
Douglas Wynne's THE WIND IN MY HEART novel is now up for Kindle and paperback pre-order from Crystal Lake Publishing. Visit Amazon to pre-order for only $3.99/$11.99: https://geni.us/MyHeart (affiliate link)

Miles Landry is trying to put violence behind him when he takes up work as a private detective focused on humdrum adultery cases. But when a Tibetan monk hires him to find a missing person, things get weird fast.

Charged with tracking down the reincarnation of a man possessed by a demonic guardian from the Tibetan Book of the Dead, Miles is plunged into a world of fortune-tellers, gangsters, and tantric rituals. The year is 1991 and a series of grisly murders has rocked New York City in the run up to a visit from the Dalai Lama.

The police attribute the killings to Chinatown gang warfare. Miles--skeptical of the supernatural--is inclined to agree. But what if the monster he's hunting is more than a myth?

"Douglas Wynne's THE WIND IN MY HEART is compelling, full of heart, and creative in ways that hit all the notes I want in a thriller while remaining fresh and full of ingenuity. Wynne is a worthy successor to William Hjortsberg and has me counting beads on my mala, mindful that I am more than a little jealous of what he has done here. THE WIND IN MY HEART firmly falls in the category of Things I Wish I Had Written!"--Bracken MacLeod, author of Stranded and Closing Costs

"Douglas Wynne delivers all the thrills and chills and twists and turns of your favorite police procedurals in this neo-noir thriller! And so much more! Set in 1991 The Wind in My Heart is full of murder, Tibetan philosophy, history and magic along with gritty depictions of New York City on the eve of a historic visit from the Dalai Lama. Thoughtful. Clever. Philosophical and action packed. Like Falling Angel meets Tim Powers meets Seven Years in Tibet."--Daniel Braum, author of Underworld Dreams

"An excellent blend mixing the ever-spiraling mythology of Tibet with the modern horror story.Douglas Wynne writes with a hard boiled elegance, effortlessly blending complex Tibetan philosophy with tough guy banter of a Raymond Chandler novel."--Rex Hurst, What Hell May Come

Did you know? Since its founding in 2012, Crystal Lake's authors, books, artists, and editors (and even the company itself) have received 50 prestigious awards and nominations. That's quality guaranteed. Welcome to Crystal Lake Publishing--Tales from The Darkest Depths

141 - 148 of 148 Posts