Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 153 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After 18 hours of "shipping soon," Cubby, as of 1:05 AM this morning was in Louisville, KY.  I am in Omaha.  I wonder if we are in the same time zone by now.  Says he will arrive on Monday.  Who's driving that truck?  Does he know the speed limit is 75 in some places?  Geesh.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Don't imagine the driver too much, because then you're start imagining that he'll want to steal Cubby and keep him for himself. You'll drive yourself crazy.

·
Registered
277 Posts
We're here to get you through the last stages!  I was a wreck all of Thanksgiving, thinking of my poor baby sitting in the depot in Louisville all day.  Picture your Cubby safely strapped into a seatbelt enjoying the view as he trucks along. ;)

Katiekat

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
katiekat1066 said:
We're here to get you through the last stages! I was a wreck all of Thanksgiving, thinking of my poor baby sitting in the depot in Louisville all day. Picture your Cubby safely strapped into a seatbelt enjoying the view as he trucks along. ;)

Katiekat
Wearing a cute little hat and mittens to keep him warm!

L

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Since you have all been through this before, how often do you suggest I click on "Track Your Shipment" through UPS?  Once an hour?  Too much or too little?  If I don't do it often enough UPS may think I do not care about the shipment.  If I do it too often, they might think I'm in need of therapy.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Harv probably knows how to set up a thingy that checks it for you every 2 secs.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Bruinboy said:
After 18 hours of "shipping soon," Cubby, as of 1:05 AM this morning was in Louisville, KY. I am in Omaha. I wonder if we are in the same time zone by now. Says he will arrive on Monday. Who's driving that truck? Does he know the speed limit is 75 in some places? Geesh.
You have all weekend to get everything in order around the house for your new arrival. Have you requested Monday off? Does UPS deliver A.M. or P.M. @ your place??

I'm in north Missouri and my Bella was shipped out of KC. Guess that Amazon hub's Kindle stock is depleted since yours is coming all the way from KY.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Bruin you just hang in there, it will be in your hands soon! I'm new to the boards having just discovered them, so hello to all! I've had my Kindle for a year now, I got lucky and ordered mine when they first came out. I feel the excitement of waiting for the Kindle to arrive...and I'm here to tell you that it has never let up for me! All I can say is get yourself an SD card so you can make more room for all those books!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I work Monday morning and have the afternoon off, which is when UPS usually delivers.  I find they generally deliver between 2 & 4.  So, I will be waiting impatiently after I get home.  The heck with putting up Christmas lights today, maybe I could set up a motion detector for my front walk to alert me of the UPS guy/gal.  

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Welcome giedre, glad to have you here! Head on over to the welcome board and introduce yourself.

Another long time owner...I wish I had taken the plunge sooner (I ordered April 6th).

L

·
Registered
277 Posts
Bruinboy said:
Since you have all been through this before, how often do you suggest I click on "Track Your Shipment" through UPS? Once an hour? Too much or too little? If I don't do it often enough UPS may think I do not care about the shipment. If I do it too often, they might think I'm in need of therapy.
I tried to limit myself to once every couple of hours, especially since I was doing most of it on Thanksgiving and I knew, deep down inside, that it wasn't going to change at all. (Note that I said TRIED - didn't always work.) The next day I was checking every 15 minutes while at home and every hour at work (naughty, naughty me, that's a no-no where I work.) But everyone here was very understanding about my shipping anxiety. So, have a blast, check every hour if you feel the anxiety coming on - it helps some.

Katiekat

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
NEWSFLASH!

ABC news - Cubby has just been highjacked by Samoli pirates and they want a ransom for the safe return of "your baby". Any attempts to free Cubby by force will be met by his total destruction. In addition, for every hour that goes by without your complying with their demands, they will erase 1 book that you have preordered (they don't realize that they can be downloaded again, they're not too bright!). We are all praying for Cubby's safe return. God bless you.

Steve

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
LMAO Bruin...great news. I have to laugh sometimes when a package is relatively close to me but they feel the need that it has to go out of its way to be scanned at a hub that's further away. Go figure :p

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
WAHOO Bruinboy!!!  I'm in central Iowa and mine shipped out of Louisville also.  I tracked that package every half hour..... couldn't help myself.  MaKK and I will greet Cubby as he crosses Iowa on I-80 and if that driver even thinks about stopping for coffee..... we'll make sure he doesn't.  Maybe I should make a pot of coffee and have a thermos ready to give him as he "zooms" along.  We could tell him to roll down his window as he passes the Adel/DeSoto exit on I-80 and hubby could throw that thermos right in through the window as he passes by.  We'll keep him rolling your way!!!  So excited for you..... keep us posted!!  You won't be disappointed!!!

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Do they really drive it from Louisville to Omaha? There isn't a plane? (I know nothing about how UPS works...LOL, but we have a fedex jet that lands here in Portland everyday, so fedex stuff only rides on the truck within the state).

L

I

·
0 Posts
What's the weather like up there?  Is there a lot of snow on the roads or anything?

Since you know you Kindle is on a truck, try to allow for travel times before hitting that tracking button.

I've been tracking a simple SD card that left Dallas on Nov 28.  It just got to Atlanta yesterday.  I think they used a 20 mule team to haul it.  It really doesn't take 8 days to drive from Dallas to Atlanta.  You can walk it in 8 days maybe.

In short, I guess it's best to just click on the tracking button when ever you feel the urge.  It's not like they charge you for doing it.

1 - 20 of 153 Posts