Kindle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I pretty much knew both of these were not long for the world, but I was really hoping Cupid would take off. I was already sad by having to watch the last Pushing Daisies last week then look on my Tivo to see Cupid is back, yay! Then I look around a bit and find out it was its series finale too! Grrr.... I swear the television viewing public makes me mad sometimes. Drek like The Hills is going strong for years and wonderful shows like these barely make it through six episodes.

I'll have to stick with buying BBC DVDs... speaking of which... has anyone seen the Robin Hood series they have over there? It's really good and if it was on American television would have so been cancelled. As far as I know it's going strong with three seasons... definitely worth a Netflix rental. Anyway... I'm done venting now.

·
Super Moderator
67,316 Posts
I'm going to have to go find the Pushing Daisies episode on line.  My husband mentioned it was on and should he record it.  I told him not to bother as I thought sure it was a repeat because I thought it was long gone -- I'd already deleted it from TiVo's recording list or it would have done automatically.  Of course, it was really the only thing I ever watched on ABC except Jeopardy. . . .maybe I would have known if I watched more on that channel.

·
Registered
4,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, the actually showed the final three episodes of Pushing Daisies the last three Saturdays, so you'll need to look for three new ones if you haven't seen any for a while.  They were actually pretty good and they even did one of those rush jobs to give the series some finality in the last one... maybe we'll get a Pushing Daisies movie like Serenity?  Really doubt it though... I've heard the cast and crew are already scattered five ways to Sunday and a production like that would lose its charm with even only a few cogs out of place.

The Cupid episode was the only one I'm aware of that they showed since they had it "on the air" if you can count then showing five episodes sporadically over seven or eight weeks.  And they wonder why people didn't watch... if I didn't have a Tivo I would have missed them too!

·
Super Moderator
67,316 Posts
I could only find two episodes on line.  One labeled, 'episode 12' about the town water system and a dam ruby, and one called 'season finale' where the darling mermaid darlings got back together and secrets were outed.

I never even heard of Cupid . . . . . :D

·
Registered
4,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That just goes to show how little they advertise then expect these shows to do well.  Cupid was actually a remake of a show that got cancelled just about as quickly 10 years ago.  It was really good though!  Basically Cupid got kicked off Mt. Olympus and is stuck in our modern world until he can make 100 true love matches.  People think he's crazy of course, so he gets thrown in a psyche ward and then gets released on the terms that he continues to visit a psychiatrist.  The psychiatrist doesn't believe in love at first sight or the whole there's someone out there for everybody thing which is of course Cupid's schtick.  So they have this animosity thing going back and forth, but he's always trying to get her to go on a date with him.

She also runs a lonely hearts type meeting weekly which he goes to in order to find people to match up.  So invariably each week there are guest stars who need to fall in love and he makes it happen through various trials and tribulations.  It's very reminiscent of Touched by an Angel in that respect.  The humor is just great though and I love all the references to the mythology.  The psychiatrist of course should have ended up being Psyche.  They're playing the show as if he had never married, so that would have been who he ended up with.  It's worth watching the six episodes they released, I am sure you can find them online somewhere, probably even on ABC's site.

I'm trying to remember which Pushing Daisies you missed.  There was the ruby one and the mermaid one that you mentioned... Aha!  "Window Dressed to Kill" is the one you're missing.

And I just found out they canceled "Reaper" too!  ARGH!!

·
Super Moderator
67,316 Posts
Scheherazade said:
I'm trying to remember which Pushing Daisies you missed. There was the ruby one and the mermaid one that you mentioned... Aha! "Window Dressed to Kill" is the one you're missing.
Maybe I can at least find a synopsis. . . .I really liked that show. . .it was quirky and clever and very positive. Besides, you can't go wrong with pie. . . . :D

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
aww I loved pushing daisies last season, and I totally didn't know that new episodes had even came out. I thought it was already long gone, they didn't do much advertising this year for that show.

Now it's gone again for real. I hate when shows I like get canceled.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Pushing Daisies is one of those shows I want to keep and rewatch. I love the writing and dialog on that show. I have the first season on Blu-ray and will be getting the second when it comes out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts