Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My custom decalgirl skin came today and it's gorgeous, exactly what I wanted. :)

I was really disappointed with the 3acp skin I removed. I took some pictures with my cell phone (hence the crappy pics) of the residue it left after I removed it.

It was awful. It took forever to get off and I had to use nail polish remover. even then I couldn't get it all off. I'm definitely never going back. I only had the skin on for a little less than a month. Also, it was tough to get straight, as it could not be repositioned. The DecalGirl skin was really easy to get on, and if I had to reposition it, it was no big deal. It's a bit thicker, so it doesn't stretch out nearly as easily. While 3acp has a wider selection, I'd rather have the ugliest skin DG could make than put another 3acp skin on my beloved Kindle.

·
Registered
921 Posts
wow, I would want to have to try cleaning that stuff off.  Glad you got your new skin on ok.  I remember when I put mine on that I was dreading it, but it was much easier than I thought it would be.  Just had to take my time and not get in a hurry.

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Beautiful skin, Tasha.  Love your personalized screensaver too.  I should get busy on the screensaver hack.  I haven't tried that yet.

·
Registered
494 Posts
I also recently removed a 3acp skin and it discolored my Kindle.  I was mostly able to fix it with that magic eraser, but what a pain!  I wrote them an email through ebay and they did not respond...

I love your new skin!!

·
Registered
906 Posts
I LOVE your new DG skin. It's really really pretty :)
Thanks for posting pics of it and also pics of your kindle after removing the 3acp skin. I had read where others stated that 3acp skins left residue on their Kindles, but your pics show it the best of any I've seen. Thanks for posting

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
luvmy4brats said:
The 3acp residue is unaccaptable. I think that's the best (worst) picture I have seen of the residue left by these skins.
It was awful. It was like the part of the skin that was sticky just separated from the top vinyl layer or something. And I had it on less than a month, imagine if it had time to sit on there while outside or during the summer. yuck.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
You'd think, with all the bad "press" 3acp is getting here, on every single thread about skins, that they'd bestir themselves to do something about it!

Ugh! So glad I got a DG skin to begin with.

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
OMG OMG OMG!! I have had my 3acp skin on for over a month probably closer to 2months. I was hoping that maybe the residue issue wasn't all that bad maybe someone just got a bad skin or something like that.

After seeing your pics and hearing this issue a few times I DREAD taking my skin off but I obviously need to do it a.s.a.p so that the residue doesn't get any worse.

Thank you for your post and all the pics it put a little fire under me to get a new DG skin ordered and get the old one off SOON!

Please cross your fingers that mine isn't so so bad (although I already know it probably will be)

After I remove mine I will re-post here (for anyone else with a 3acp skin/ or anyone that cares) how bad mine was compared to tashab's original pics.

eta:BTW after all my complaining I almost forgot to add I completely LOVE your custom skin! looks great and flows beautiful with your screensavers!

·
Registered
288 Posts
Mine was awful too... I used the skin itself to remove the residue, if that makes sense.  Just kept patting it with it and it would pull it off.

I'll not get another skin from them, even if they're pretty.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Cool skin!

I must be in the minority.  I've had and removed two acp skins.  I've gotten a tiny amount of residue that was easy to remove (I just wiped with a dry microfiber cloth.) There were a few tiny dots at the edge of the screen and one on the keyboard. No discoloration of the kindle. I liked the skin a lot, and the system acp has to put the skin on is ingenious.  They're pretty fast with shipping.

I've had decalgirls skins x2 and liked them both very much.  Nice and fast shipping, though the package is quite large and one of mine got creased in shipping, I think because the package got bent.

I have had two tego skins and I like them a lot, too.  I think they're easier to remove and I like the slight texture they have (some people don't like it).  It feels like it gives me good traction on the back of my K2.  Maybe not as many designs but they're quite unique and I like how you can customize even their stock designs.  Takes forever to ship, though.

I think I've been lucky and/or I'm too easy to please, which might be true.  I've liked all of the pics of skins you've all posted....

·
Registered
42 Posts
I had the same exact 3acp skin and had no trouble removing it. Must be hit or miss. There was not a speck of residue and it was super easy. In fact I've had more trouble taking decal girl skins off my blackberry in the past. I was very happy with 3acp and ordered another skin because I hated the quality of the Tego skin I ordered. Hopefully my luck holds because I wouldn't want to deal with the mess that was left on your poor kindle! The new custom decal girl skin does look amazing though! :)

G

·
I have a 3acp skin on my Kindle right now, and I had one on my old EeePC netbook for months. When I took it off after I sold it there was no residue at all. I don't have any plans to take the one on my Kindle off anytime soon (I asked for a custom skin on DG and was quoted $30! No thanks!) but hopefully when I do there will be no problems!

·
Registered
406 Posts
I recently put a gorgeous 3acp skin on my K2 and am going to leave it on for the moment.  I thought the DG skin I had was great, but this one is so beautiful I couldn't resist.  I just love looking at it.  I haven't put the back on, though, since I use a cover, and the comments I've heard about the residue gave me pause.  This thread gave me some hope, though, that it might not be so bad when I finally decide to change.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 31 Posts