Kindle Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has this happened to anyone else?  The only time Penelope freezes up is when I leave her opened too long.  I guess when it's time for her to go to sleep automatically she freezes up.  It only started happening after I loaded a custom screensaver.  It doesn't happen when I put her to sleep, only when she times out. 
Is this common?

G

·
I don't know.

I am wondering if you have the picture re-sized to the right dimensions and if you converted it to greyscale first. 

·
Premium Member
63,459 Posts
Anniehow said:
Has this happened to anyone else? The only time Penelope freezes up is when I leave her opened too long. I guess when it's time for her to go to sleep automatically she freezes up. It only started happening after I loaded a custom screensaver. It doesn't happen when I put her to sleep, only when she times out.
Is this common?
I haven't had this problem on a regular basis. During the time when I went back and forth between several screensavers, doing testing for a Kindleboards response, I had it freeze once, but it hasn't done it since. Of course, I also had it freeze once before I messed with the screensavers, so it may have been a separate issue.

Vampyre has some good thoughts. Anyone else?

You might want to delete the custom screensaver and see if it still happens. Go to http://www.kboards.com/index.php/topic,769.msg17495.html#msg17495 to read more about this.

Hope this helps, let us know.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
pidgeon92 said:
Have you tried re-booting the Kindle? It solves all kinds of little problems.
I did reboot, same thing happened.
It was the screensaver that came with my gelskin...I didn't care for it as much as the preloaded so I deleted it. It hasn't happened since. I was just wondering it that had happened to others with custom screesavers.

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
Anniehow said:
I did reboot, same thing happened.
It was the screensaver that came with my gelskin...I didn't care for it as much as the preloaded so I deleted it. It hasn't happened since. I was just wondering it that had happened to others with custom screesavers.
Interesting. I've loaded a few that I made myself, I haven't noticed a problem, nor do I recall anyone who has added one from a skin saying say.

Which skin was it? Lot's of members are using skins already, very possible someone else got the same one you did.... They may end up having the same problem you did....

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
I have like 15,20 screensavers but never freeze up with it. Is it possible that maybe the jpg file you are using for the screensaver is too big? Are those jpg files made to fit the kindle? I notice that when I try to open the jpg file (not made for screensaver or for kindle), it was taking soooo long and I endup turning my kindle off.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It was the screen saver that came with the "her abstraction" skin from decalgirl.
I never had any problems making it sleep, it only happened if I forgot to put it to sleep.  That's why it took me so long to figure this out, because I almost always put it to sleep.  It's only happened a handful of time that I put it down to come back to it 1/2 hour later finding it frozen that I started experimenting with it. 
It happened every time I would leave it on, but it hasn't happened since I took the screensaver off.

I don't have any other screensavers to try to see if it happens with other ones.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
I wonder if there's someone in this board that uses same skin and the screensaver. Is it possible when you download the screensaver that jpg file might somehow corrupted? Did you try to download the same screensaver and try? I saw sometime ago that certain book that someone downloaded from free site was causing the problem, I forgot what was the problem, but after deleting that book everything was okay. Someone downloaded the same file but it was okay. It is possible while downloading the file, it got corrupted.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts