Kindle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
I have no idea how long they might take or whether they will do any custom work for the K1, but decalgirl.com shows a "Request Custom Work" selection toward the bottom of their home page.

·
Registered
122 Posts
BruceS said:
I have no idea how long they might take or whether they will do any custom work for the K1, but decalgirl.com shows a "Request Custom Work" selection toward the bottom of their home page.
When I emailed decalgirl.com through their "Request Custom Work" link a couple weeks ago, they said that they don't have any provision for custom Kindle 2 skins, but that they expected to be getting skin templates for custom requests up on their website by the end of the month (adding a caution about copyright).

·
Registered
122 Posts
And Skinit.com offers custom skins for the Kindle 2, as well as stock art; their design tool is very easy to use, although the skin design in the design tool lacks covers for the buttons on the left and right sides that the other skin producers have, and their predesigned skins have no way for you to see what the skin looks like on the Kindle, which makes the purchase feel a bit like a pig in a poke. If you don't mind having white buttons cutting into the skin art on the sides, take a look at Skinit's design tool, but I'd be a little leery of their stock skins just because you can't see what you're getting before you order.

·
Registered
52 Posts
patchymama said:
well now that the new skin site (http://3acp.com/) is offering skins for both the K1 and K2, you can get them there too! They weren't offering them for the K1 when I was looking tho...
i went to the site via the link and i didn't see a listing for either amazon or kindle - is there a more specific link i could use?

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
magznyc said:
i went to the site via the link and i didn't see a listing for either amazon or kindle - is there a more specific link i could use?
After intering the site, bottom left in the column of devices is ebook reader. Open it and it offers Kindle1 and Kindle 2

1 - 8 of 8 Posts