Kindle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well
I thought this might be a good idea but when I put Bible in the search  up came 4000 hits
so I went to one  KJ Version
but it states to d/l onto USB or email file amazon email acct etc.

so does that mean, it will not d/l because I have never used the usb port at all
but if someone has d/l this Good Book and is happy with the result I would appreciate the advice
I assume that all the books cannot be d/l to this first kindle, does this mean that in the future the first kindle will become like the 8 track tape player?
thx

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
I'm assuming this is not a version you are buying from Amazon? A link would be helpful.

At any rate downloading books is pretty easy. Just download the book to your desktop, plug your Kindle into a usb port. If you are running windows the kindle should open up with explorer or at least give you the choice to open it up with explorer. Then it is just a matter of coping or dragging and dropping the file to your kindle's document folder.

But there are a pile of KJ versions available to purchase from Amazon that will be delivered via whispernet.

http://www.amazon.com/s/qid=1245296117/ref=sr_st?keywords=king+james+bible+kindle&rs=133140011&page=1&rh=n%3A133140011%2Cn%3A!133141011%2Ck%3Aking+james+bible+kindle&bbn=133140011&sort=relevancerank

·
Super Moderator
67,324 Posts
There were also at least two versions that were free at one point. . . . .

·
Registered
135 Posts
I bought a Bible from Amazon and found that it didn't fit my needs at all.  If you're just reading, it's okay, but to try to find a verse quickly is next to impossible.  Sometimes the "paths" to get to a certain verse didn't work at all.  It's really hard to explain.  It just didn't work for me.  I did, however, buy the English Standard Bible from iTunes for my iPhone and it is great! 

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
I have 3 Bibles that were free and one I bought, I have had no problem in searching anything in them, it might take awhile but I usually get what I want.  Altho that being said, one is not as user friendly as I would like.  I did get them from Amazon and have a mac, but downloading is basically the same way except you have an icon and not a directory if yo go through the usb, which I have to with no WN.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I could eventually find what I was looking for, but I was trying to find verses quickly during a Sunday School class. By the time I found them, the teacher was already on to another verse. It just wasn't practical. There may be some that are better than others, but I gave up after my first experience. I was hoping that I wouldn't have to carry my Bible on trips, but I have a small one that doesn't take up too much room. I'm afraid that's the only book that I prefer not on my Kindle.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Patra said:
I could eventually find what I was looking for, but I was trying to find verses quickly during a Sunday School class. By the time I found them, the teacher was already on to another verse. It just wasn't practical. There may be some that are better than others, but I gave up after my first experience. I was hoping that I wouldn't have to carry my Bible on trips, but I have a small one that doesn't take up too much room. I'm afraid that's the only book that I prefer not on my Kindle.
I know exactly what you are saying. The first book I purchased on my Kindle 1 was the ESV version of the Bible. I also quickly learned that navigating the Bible in study is quite a challenge. From my experience the main reason is the paradigm to which the Kindle is designed. The device is primarily designed to read sequentially; books, magazines, newspapers, are normally read one page after the other. Magazines and Newspapers are similar to the Bible in that people jump from article to article, but each article is far longer than a Bible verse and as such does not require jumps as often.

I have been using my Kindle anyway and I've learned to use the "Go to table of contents", and the "Back" button to improve my performance, but overall for studying I prefer three different ways. When in a group that studies the Bible more sequentially I may use the Kindle, if the Bible study jumps all over the Bible, then I prefer a paper version, on my own or with a group that deals well with it I like to use my Libronix Digital Library (on my laptop) which is software specifically designed for studying the Bible.

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Patra - I do agree that in a study "group" it is not as fast as a regular Bible, altho sometimes I can go faster than "some" members in our group, but at home in my leisure I do ok. The Bible study I am in now is sequential so that helps, but on Sundays he does jump around so I don't even bother with any book.

·
Registered
469 Posts
If you are interested in reading the Bible in the "One Year Bible" format on Kindle here is the link:

There are a number of us doing that. It's not the same as needing to look up verses quickly in a Bible with traditional formatting but for daily reading this one works well on the Kindle.

You can also join us in the Book Klub section for those of us reading through the Bible or interested in Christian books:

http://www.kboards.com/index.php/board,25.0.html

Lynn M

1 - 9 of 9 Posts