Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you can see the night sky clearly, go out and take a look.  You can take your Kindles if you must but it's an awsome site.

If I read the report right, later on, venuse will teack behind the moone and then reappear.  sounds cool. Let's watch....it may take a while..maybe 3 more hours, not sure.

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I tried to take a picture but my little Kodak one shot isn't good enough for that type of photography.

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
I went outside about 6:30 to look at it.  It's so beautiful.  Jupiter was surprisingly clear, although Venus has been very bright for several nights. 

Maybe I should go out and take another look. 

·
Registered
192 Posts
no stars (or planets) overhead tonight, cloudy here.  I've been watching it for the last week or so.

·
Super Moderator
67,251 Posts
Rivery said:
no stars (or planets) overhead tonight, cloudy here. I've been watching it for the last week or so.
Sure there are, silly. You just can't see them!

:) Anyway, if you google it you'll find lots of pictures.

Ann

·
Registered
4,791 Posts
Jupiter and Venus have been a lovely bright sight for the past few weeks, getting closer and closer together in the south/southwest in the evenings. I missed the close conjunction with the Moon Sunday night due to clouds but last night's was lovely.  Even without the Moon, Venus and Jupiter will be close-ish and bright for a bit longer yet.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
They said on the news this morning that the planets will be very bright right after sunset. No clouds today so I'll be looking for them on my drive home.

L

·
Registered
86 Posts
I got a picture of it, I'm sure it looks just like 3 dots in the sky but the next time it happens I'll either be dead or over 90!

·
Registered
273 Posts
My son took me outside to see this.  The sky was perfectly clear and the site was beautiful.  He had read an article on this and it only happens every 950 years.

·
Registered
86 Posts
tc said:
My son took me outside to see this. The sky was perfectly clear and the site was beautiful. He had read an article on this and it only happens every 950 years.
Hmmm, maybe I'll be a little more than 90 ;)

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
No. you'll be dead and some tomb raider will have come along and stolen your kindle.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
I finally saw da moon, Venus and Jupiter last night. They were beautiful, very bright and clear. I guess they weren't as close together as a few days ago, but at least I saw them!

L

1 - 20 of 25 Posts