Kindle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to try to set up an official Dallas Area Meetup for either the downtown Dallas or uptown Dallas area on a Wednesday night monthly.  Please let me know if any of you would be interested.  I'll post more once it is official.

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
I am about 2 hours away, but Wednesdays wouldn't work for me. Actually, evenings aren't good. I would need a morning or afternoon meeting so that I am not out on the road at bedtime!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I can only do weekends or evenings due to work.  While a roadtrip would be nice, I can't see where we can accommodate everyone from several corners of Texas.  We might need to do more of a Austin area, Houston area, Dallas area, etc. etc. unless it would be a 1 time meetup.  Austin is about as central as you can get so I'm no opposed to a weekend in Austin.  Any ideas are welcome.

As for a Dallas Meetup group, it might be something we could do monthly.  I've already had a request to change it to Thursdays which are fine with me. 

Any other thoughts??

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Morning all,

I just found out that there is a monthly charge on meetup.com for organizers to run an official meetup.  So, in lieu of that, I am going to suggest that you e-mail me your e-mail addresses if you are interested in a DFW KindleBoards Group and I will manage the meetup through evite.com which is free.  We can keep a thread going here under the same title to chat amongst ourselves and check for updates, etc.  How does this sound?  My e-mail for this is [email protected]

I look forward to meeting all the DFW Kindlers!

·
Registered
6,128 Posts
Jeff, we can start something for an Austin group if it hasn't already been done.  Just from watching the intros, I know there are a lot of folks in the Austin area.
I can't imagine the amount of planning it would require to get everyone in Texas together at the same time!  But it would be fun to try :)

·
Registered
9,762 Posts
Andra said:
Jeff, we can start something for an Austin group if it hasn't already been done. Just from watching the intros, I know there are a lot of folks in the Austin area.
I can't imagine the amount of planning it would require to get everyone in Texas together at the same time! But it would be fun to try :)
You're right, Andra. Getting everyone together was too big an idea.

I don't think there's any other Texas area meeting being discussed. I'd be glad to meet in Dallas, Austin or both; I'm right in the middle. My email address is in my profile.

·
Registered
409 Posts
I might be able to make a DFW meet if it's on the weekend, but I work in FW and would not want to make the drive during the week.

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
I am in the NE Texas area (Longview), just 50 miles west of Shreveport, LA. I still have a family in the Houston area so that would never be an issue!! Any excuse to go see the grandkids!  Dallas is a 2.5 hour drive for me and would work better on a weekend or during the day. I would have to say no to an evening meeting unless I stayed overnight. Same for Austin. It is a bit further, but I would need a weekend. My email is in my profile as well. I don't mind traveling.

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Stephanie, you posted in the DC thread that you go to Wills Point frequently. That is near Myrtle Springs, right? Also close to Canton? I would love to meet up sometime.

·
Registered
9,515 Posts
To far for me. Granbury. I will think of you though. And go sit in SBX again this Saturday I think. Maybe earlier. By 10 this past weekend it was ... warm..

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
BTackitt said:
To far for me. Granbury. I will think of you though. And go sit in SBX again this Saturday I think. Maybe earlier. By 10 this past weekend it was ... warm..
The closest I get to Granbury is on my way to Weatherford to meet my son for the grandkid pick up/drop off. They live in Midland and we just call Weatherford half way!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Angela said:
Stephanie, you posted in the DC thread that you go to Wills Point frequently. That is near Myrtle Springs, right? Also close to Canton? I would love to meet up sometime.
Yes, Angela, I can get to Canton easily. My son lives in Wills Point. I am busy this weekend but maybe sometime soon when I am headed that way we can meet up somewhere in Canton. I'll keep you posted. Feel free to e-mail my personal e-mail.

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
Jeff said:
I don't think there's any other Texas area meeting being discussed. I'd be glad to meet in Dallas, Austin or both; I'm right in the middle. My email address is in my profile.
Well, Austin would be great! Dallas I would have to do an overnight... which, hey I could maybe catch a Rangers game! ;D

·
Registered
3,992 Posts
A meetup is such a great idea! Anyone in the Charlotte, NC area? I would love to start a meetup here. My Sunny is lonely and would love to meet other Kindles and their owners, even the enabler kind. Especially the enabler kind.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts