Kindle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just saw a few of her books added to the Kindle store. One of them is pre-order but several are available to buy now.

Melissa

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
Nice! I haven't read any of her books, but I enjoyed the movie version of Safe Harbour with Melissa Gilbert and Brad Johnson. If that's on Kindle, I might just bite.

EDIT: No Safe Harbour (yet). :( But a massive selection otherwise.

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
I remember reading The Promise when I was thirteen and sobbing at the ending. To this day, I'm a sucker for someone doing the person they love wrong and causing them ridiculous amounts of pain, because someone else interfered/lied, and then having that original person grovel for forgiveness. It explains my love of Judith McNaught.

·
Registered
95 Posts

There were a ton of her books that looks like they were added out there today, including Safe Harbour. If you like Danielle Steel you may want to go check it out again. Almost all the books are around $6.39 and I have gotten spoiled with the bargain thread so it makes it hard to buy anything over $5...I know I am posting in a DS thread but she has never been one of my favorite authors so I will hang on until the prices lower.

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
sam said:
Awesome!!! Like I said, I really liked the movie version of this. (I'm not familiar with Danielle Steel's work otherwise). I'll definitely be sampling.

However, the movie was derailed by one horrible plot point:
The best friend cheated with the main character's deceased husband, and "God gave her cancer as punishment."
That almost ruined the movie for me. Does the book have that crap too?

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
sam said:
I sampled and bought this - not because I'm a Danielle Steel fan (I've never read her work before now, and I don't really know yet if I'll read anything after this since her genre of choice is hardly my favorite), but because I liked the movie with Melissa Gilbert and Brad Johnson (despite Melissa delivering what has to be the absolute worst French accent in the history of cinema). :p

So far, the book is virtually identical to the film. I just hope the
offensive plot point (see my post above)
from the movie isn't as clumsily handled in the book.

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
Bacardi Jim said:
^^ And we were saying such nice things about you in chat....

;)

(We really were.)
Hahaha. What were you saying? ;)

I discovered the movie because I wanted something in the background that would help me fall asleep. I figured that would definitely be it. But the damn thing actually kept my interest, despite Melissa Gilbert's total butchery of the French dialect. (I guess in my mind I just accepted that the character had a major speech impediment, even though nothing of the sort was ever mentioned.) :p

Of course, I later figured out that any movie - no matter how bad - simply won't cure my insomnia (Daddy Day Camp can attest to that). :-X

G

·
CS said:
Hahaha. What were you saying? ;)
I can't publicly get into that. I will only say that several of us commended you for one of your posts. If you think about it, it will come to you. :)

And if you build it, they will come....

(Now I'm just being weird.)

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
Bacardi Jim said:
I can't publicly get into that. I will only say that several of us commended you for one of your posts. If you think about it, it will come to you. :)

And if you build it, they will come....

(Now I'm just being weird.)
I think I've figured out which one you mean. :)

And did you just quote one of the most overrated movies of the past fifteen years? (Yeah, I just went there...) 8)

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
Bacardi Jim said:
No. The underrated movie I quoted is 20 years old.
Wow, time really flies. Damn, I'm getting old. :(

But underrated? It got nominated for Best Picture, and just about everyone loves it. Despite my harsh description, I don't hate the movie or anything - but I'm surprised at how revered it is (and I'm a person who loves baseball movies, even though I never watch the actual sport).

To each his own though.

(BTW, in case you were wondering, The Sandlot is probably my favorite baseball movie ever. But there are so many other great ones too: Pride of the Yankees, Major League, and too many others I'm forgetting because it's 3 a.m. and I'm tired.)

EDIT: Whoops. We should probably keep this on topic. Did Danielle Steel ever write a book about baseball? ;)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts