Kindle Forum banner

Which day can you make the DC area KB meet? Vote as many days as you are available.

• May 26, a Tuesday, at 1 p.m.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • May 27, a Wednesday, at 1 p.m.

• June 1, a Monday, at 1 p.m.

• June 4, a Thursday, at 1 p.m.

• Any of the 4 work for me

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Super Moderator
67,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Attention DC area KindleBoarders. . . .Betsy and I think it's high time we all met each other In Person. So, the first thing we need to work out is what time of the day/week would work best for you. During the day? In the evening? A weekend? Sooner? Later? (Though, realistically, we're probably looking at late May at the earliest for getting it all organized.)

We'd like as many folks as possible to be able to make it. . .and there will be lots of advance notice once we pick a date and place. And, of course, if it works out, we'll do it again! So let us know! Respond in this thread and/or PM one of us and we'll see what we can figure out. Once we get an idea of the general time frame that works best, we'll pick a few dates/times and find the one that most can make.

Ann

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
I can't do it on a weekend for the next four weekends  :mad:  which is part of why we have to wait so long.  Of course, y'all can always do it without me!  :'(

Otherwise, most days/evenings are fine with me (except May 7 & 27, weekday evenings).  And Memorial Day we're celebrating the oldest granddaughter's high school graduation!

Looking forward to this!  Ann, thanks for posting!

Betsy

·
Super Moderator
67,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When we settle on a date and time we'll post it so anyone who wants to come visit can!

Ann

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
What fun!

Wish I could get all the kindlers here together  :'(

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
Ann - that would be cool! Count Jan and me in if the scheduling works out.

Weekends are probably best, although with us it's really every other weekend 'cause the boys alternate between here and their dad's every other week. But we could certainly head over to the metro and meet you all wherever...  ;D

·
Registered
12,456 Posts
I would love to meet you both IRL. I go back and forth to DC area every now and then in my job, so once you settle on a date I'll see if I can coincide that with a work trip back east.

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
Woohoo, that would be outstanding, Harvey!!!

Anyone else?  I know we have lots of people in the greater metropolitan Washington DC area!  Ann and I will even let people go off topic!  ;D

Betsy

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I live about 3 1/2 - 4 hrs from DC & am interested in coming, if I can work out the time.  I could take a day off, so during the week or Saturday appeals to me; probably would not come on a Sunday. 

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
Yay, Lynn, Mike and Jan!  This is going to be cool if we can pull it off.  Maybe Mike will even wear his Atomic Hat or undershorts or whatever it is he got from Gertie.

Betsy

·
Registered
9,932 Posts
What a great idea!  Count me in too.

My preference would be for weekday daytime (long lunch?), but with a little advance notice, I can do just about any day or time. 

Has any other metro area with lots of Kindleboarders done this before? 

As for where...  I'd vote for a place like Panera's where they let you sit and talk for ages even if you just have coffee.   

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
Paneras are good.  Another possibility is Springfield Mall, just off I-95 and the Beltway, and there's a Silver Diner there.  Like Panera's they have free wireless, so we can all be on Kindleboards while we're meeting, LOL!

Betsy

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
Betsy the Quilter said:
Paneras are good. Another possibility is Springfield Mall, just off I-95 and the Beltway, and there's a Silver Diner there. Like Panera's they have free wireless, so we can all be on Kindleboards while we're meeting, LOL!

Betsy
Hey, we can do a live webcast... ;D

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
You might get more than a few looks walking into the mall or Panara's wering that.

·
Registered
12,456 Posts
I get enough strange looks at the ski hill, so I can imagine the looks I'd get in a shopping mall. :)

·
Registered
9,932 Posts
Betsy the Quilter said:
Paneras are good. Another possibility is Springfield Mall, just off I-95 and the Beltway, and there's a Silver Diner there. Like Panera's they have free wireless, so we can all be on Kindleboards while we're meeting, LOL!

Betsy
LOL! We could post a group picture.

That Silver Diner is about ten minutes from where I live... but I was there a few weeks ago with a bunch of DD's friends and their moms, and the disadvantage of that place is that it's almost all booths so that you can't adjust the table size. We might need the kind of place that lets us push a few tables together.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts