Votes: 8 66.7%
  • No, have other plans that day

Votes: 4 33.3%
1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Super Moderator
67,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
O.K.  I made a new poll.  We'd decided on the 27th but now there are at least 2 who can't make that.  We hadn't mentioned the 28th before, but would that date be available to you all?  Please vote yes or no and let us know any other thoughts.

Thanks!

Ann

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
I feel so bad to cause trouble when this was all set!  But, if we can get a date where everyone INCLUDING Deb can be there, that'll be great!!!!

Betsy

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
ahhh, Betsy, how sweet.  Please don't worry about me.  I would absolutely love to be there, but I don't want to be the glitch in this either. 
Okay, need to go get a tissue.  This made me tear up a little.
deb

·
Super Moderator
67,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
After you get a tissue, don't forget to vote above.  :D

Betsy, you're not causing trouble. . . .well, maybe a little ;D . . . .but family is important so we'll figure it out. . . . . .

(wondering if we should PM the folks who aren't on line right now so they can come vote soonest?. . . . )

Ann

·
Registered
71 Posts
I was okay with the 27th, but, at this point, it looks like the 28th will not work for me.  I'm sure the gathering will be fun.  Please post following the meet.

Van...

·
Registered
9,932 Posts
Voted yes, but I see now that the 28th doesn't work for some here...  29th maybe?  Or the following week, June 1-4?

·
Registered
12,456 Posts
Can't make this one given conflicting travel plans. Have fun!! I look forward to meeting you IRL someday though!!

·
Registered
701 Posts
I should be able to make this. If husband is around, he may be able to take the almost 4 yr old so I don't have to cart him along too.

·
Registered
9,932 Posts
We'll find a day, Betsy.  Eventually there'll be a magic date that works for everyone....

·
Registered
9,932 Posts
Bumping this up because I don't know whether Ann and Betsy are comparing calendars behind the scenes to come up with a new date(s), or whether everyone is waiting for everyone else!  :D

·
Super Moderator
67,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Geoff. . . you're a good man!

Yes, Betsy and I have put our keyboards together behind the scenes. It looks like that alternate date of the 28th is not better and in fact there are more folks who wouldn't be able to make it on the 28th. So we're going to stick with the 27th. Pentagon City Mall food court at 1 p.m. We really didn't want to put it off any further because we feel like it might never happen if we do. But we also talked about planning to do another one sometime later in the summer or early fall, so we can talk about that when we all meet.

So: info on the Mall. It's on the yellow/blue metro line at Pentagon City Station. For those of you who are driving, here's the web site: http://www.simon.com/MALL/default.aspx?ID=157. It gives the address and information on parking. . .there is plenty, though it will cost a couple of bucks.

There is free wi-fi so if someone wants to bring a lap top to post to KB in real time we can do that. Someone who has a photobucket account should also bring a camera so we can post a picture later on.

What other questions to people have?

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
Y'all go ahead, have fun, don't think of me.  :'( :'( :'( :'(

I'll be at a HIGH SCHOOL GRADUATION...think anyone will notice the Kindle?

Betsy

1 - 20 of 76 Posts