Kindle Forum banner

What days work for you? Pick all that apply. You can vote as many times as there are options!

• Tuesday, May 26

Votes: 8 72.7%
  • Wednesday, May 27

Votes: 11 100.0%
  • Monday, Jun 1

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • Thursday, Jun 4

Votes: 7 63.6%
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pentagon City Mall, 1 PM.  Bring your Kindle!  If one of these dates works for everyone, it's a go.  If we get a majority, we'll reserve that date, but work to find another that works for everyone.

Betsy

·
Registered
11,722 Posts
I prefer the 2 days in June, but I can go any of these dates. I'd really prefer not to do the Tuesday the 26th though. My mom is coming for a visit and leaves the 25th. I'll be driving out to BWI and back that day would prefer not to make really long drives back to back like that (I'm 1 hour past the Bay Bridge on the Eastern Shore. Even if I take the Metro in, it takes almost an hour and a half for me to drive to the nearest Metro Station.

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Heather, please go ahead and vote your preferences.  You can always change later.  So pick everything but the 26th, that reallly seems like it's not doable for you, and we'll note your preferences when we make the final decision!

Betsy

·
Registered
9,932 Posts
luvmy4brats said:
I'm 1 hour past the Bay Bridge on the Eastern Shore.
That means you're twenty minutes from the beach?

<said she hopefully, envisioning a future KB get-together farther east>

·
Registered
9,932 Posts
luvmy4brats said:
LOL..No. Sadly not that direction. I'm 20 minutes past Easton heading toward Delaware. It still takes me nearly an hour to get to the beach. I live in the middle of a bunch of corn fields.
I think I drive past there on my way to the beach... I go up to Dewey. Used to be Rehoboth, but that's become just as crowded as OC now.

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
luvmy4brats said:
LOL..No. Sadly not that direction. I'm 20 minutes past Easton heading toward Delaware. It still takes me nearly an hour to get to the beach. I live in the middle of a bunch of corn fields.
We have friends who live near Chestertown, also in the middle of a bunch of corn fields. We get out there every now and then!

Betsy

·
Registered
58 Posts
luvmy4brats said:
Luvmy4brats its nice to know I'm not the only one that lives " out in the middle of nowhere" LOL. I hear that from everyone when I tell them where I live. I live not to far from the area you are talking about. I'm in Chestertown. What a small world. But atleast when we want to go to the beach we don't have to sit in the Bay Bridge traffic. :D

·
Registered
71 Posts
Ann, thanks for the idea and for getting this meet organized.  My vote is in.  I am available on either May 26 or May 27 (unfortunately, not the other days).  I have a slight preference for the 27th, but only slight.  What kind of force will be generated if "too many" Kindles are in such close proximity.  No doubt a positive one!

Van...

·
Registered
9,932 Posts
luvmy4brats said:
I live between Preston and Hurlock. Most people don't know either of those towns, but most people know Easton when I mention it.. It's quiet out here.
I went through Preston once when I went to Rehoboth via Easton. Most of the time I go via Denton though. Just your average beach tourist, except that I try to take the back roads to avoid the heavy traffic.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I work with another Kindle owner who expressed some interest in attending the "DC gathering".  I'm encouraging her to join Kindleboards.  Perhaps we can one more for lunch.

Van...

·
Super Moderator
67,245 Posts
Quick bump to remind all you DC local -- or even not so local if you want to make the trip -- to let us know which day will be best to meet up.

Ann

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Right now, Wednesday May 27th is in the lead.  If that's not good for you, be sure  vote!

Also, everyone who is coming, I'd like a full size version of your Avatar.  I'll PM you my email address.

Betsy

·
Super Moderator
67,245 Posts
Betsy, are you going to make us a KB quilt!  :D:D  ??

Ann

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
Unfortunately I don't think any of those dates are going to work for me.  We have a petit jury coming in the last week in May for one high profile trial and another smaller trial.  You guys pick the date, and if I can be there, I will.
thanks, deb

·
Super Moderator
67,245 Posts
Have we heard from Lynn, Mike, Jan, or Geoff?

Ann

·
Registered
12,456 Posts
I'm a "maybe" for any of those dates - I'll have to see if I can make it work but my work travel schedule is erratic right now. Keeping my fingers crossed though!

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I voted, I just didn't post a message.  I think I voted for all the dates except for June 1, but I think I could attend on that date also.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts