Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK so on the day of release this book on kindle was $14.37 now I just checked again and the price has dropped to $12.84

How long does it usually take for the book to get down to the $9.99 price, I do realize its only a few bucks and I probably would have given in and bought it at either the $14 or $12 price if I hadnt noticed the price drop in just a few days range.

I was wondering if its probably just a few more days time for another price drop? If anyone can chime in with thoughts please do! TIA

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,457 Posts
I cannot for the life of me remember where I read it....but I thought someone said that the NYT bestseller lists come out once a week (Tuesday seems to ring a bell) and that the drop to $9.99 for most books occurred very shortly after appearing on that list.  Since the book shows as just out this week (at least according to the link), and given the popularity, I'd bet on a drop next week sometime.

Anyone else? I haven't been watching bestsellers long enough to be certain on this.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
426 Posts
I've got Jungle Search telling me about this particular book.  As soon as it drops to 9.99, I'll buy it.  I'm hoping it will be next week.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,392 Posts
Jim Butcher's Turn Coat was the last one in this situation that I was keeping an eye on.  It dropped to $9.99 within a week, two at the most, basically however long for him to hit the NYT bestsellers list which I believe he was on the 1st list they published after his book went on sale.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
737 Posts
I use www.shoppingnotes.com.  Supply the address of the item you want to watch and your email address.  They will email you when the price changes.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,551 Posts
Just so you know, IMO, this was the BEST Sookie book ever.  Up til now, my fav was the Eric amnesia book and the I Love Quinn books, but this one made me go back and start the series from the beginning. I don't usually balk at the over $9.99 price because all I ever did with the much more expensive hardbacks was give them away then have to repurchase the paperback a year later; Amazon storage means I've actually saved $
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,392 Posts
Jesslyn said:
Just so you know, IMO, this was the BEST Sookie book ever. Up til now, my fav was the Eric amnesia book and the I Love Quinn books, but this one made me go back and start the series from the beginning. I don't usually balk at the over $9.99 price because all I ever did with the much more expensive hardbacks was give them away then have to repurchase the paperback a year later; Amazon storage means I've actually saved $
Stop I'm trying to hold off till the price drops, lol.

I actually didn't stumble upon the series till a year or two ago when I was out of Jim Butcher, Kim Harrison and Patricia Briggs books to read and thought I'd give it a try. I actually tried a few other similar series too and I did like story lines and the characters, but um.......how should I say it, a little too graphically romantic for my tastes.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
545 Posts
I broke down on Mother's Day and bought Dead and Gone. I read it that day and am happy that I did. It was a good read but now I'm anxious because there are no more for a while!  I read the other 8 in a row so it felt like one long, continual story. This just seemed to short. LOL

EllenR
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
142 Posts
New books are released on Tuesdays (99% of the time). 

The NY Times rates their books on sales through the previous Sunday.  The list is posted online Friday and in their Sunday Times ed.

So a book released on Tuesday will most probably hit the NY Times listing on the Friday a week and a half after issue.

Ex.  This book was released on May 5th.  So you should see it hit the NY Times Bestseller listing on Friday the 15th.    I've seen them drop at odd times on Friday afternoon eastern time.    So this Friday, the price of her book should drop as it is almost guaranteed to hit the bestseller listing.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ladyvolz said:
New books are released on Tuesdays (99% of the time).

The NY Times rates their books on sales through the previous Sunday. The list is posted online Friday and in their Sunday Times ed.

So a book released on Tuesday will most probably hit the NY Times listing on the Friday a week and a half after issue.

Ex. This book was released on May 5th. So you should see it hit the NY Times Bestseller listing on Friday the 15th. I've seen them drop at odd times on Friday afternoon eastern time. So this Friday, the price of her book should drop as it is almost guaranteed to hit the bestseller listing.
This makes perfect sense, I was thinking/hoping there was a certain time frame that it usually dropped. You confirmed thanks!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
426 Posts
Thanks!  I'm getting ansy to read this one, and I KNOW as soon as I buy it the price will drop.  So I'll give it until Friday or Saturday.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
142 Posts
Okay, I have to tell you all that this book is #1 on the NY Times Bestseller listing that was released this afternoon and Amazon has NOT yet reduced the price.  I guess I jinxed it or something by telling everyone it should drop today when the list was released.  Hopefully since it is #1 on the list, Amazon will soon drop the price.  I'm not saying anything else for fear of further jinx.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,681 Posts
I just got the first book in her series...my daughter says I have to read it .  It's next on my list.  I didn't know there were 9 in the series...so by the time I need book 9 the price should be really low!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
300 Posts
Cowgirl said:
I just got the first book in her series...my daughter says I have to read it . It's next on my list. I didn't know there were 9 in the series...so by the time I need book 9 the price should be really low!
I'm just finishing the first in the series too. I feel I'm so behind.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,392 Posts
Cowgirl said:
I just got the first book in her series...my daughter says I have to read it . It's next on my list. I didn't know there were 9 in the series...so by the time I need book 9 the price should be really low!
They're all really quick reads, shouldn't take you long.
 
1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Top