Kindle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend has a kindle 3. Yesterday she tried to turn it on. It showed the sleep-picture, but it wouldn't turn on. She thought maybe it needIt ed charging. It still won't turn on. help! reset? any other suggestions? How do you do a reset on kindle 3?
Fast help is much appreciated..

·
6,035 Posts
If you can't get past the sleep picture then the only thing you can do is 'reboot' it. Slide the switch as though you're turning it on, but hold it in place - probably about 30 secs or so - until it restarts. If it doesn't work, leave it on recharge overnight and then try again. This page at Amazon will give you detailed instructions - it's the first problem on the list.

·
Super Moderator
67,559 Posts
Contact Kindle Support. They will ask you if you've charged it fully and if you've tried the restart by sliding the switch. Mine failed in the same way a couple of months ago. The light didn't go green when I tried to wake it from sleep. It didn't go green when I held it for either a long time or a short time. And it didn't go amber when I plugged it in to recharge. I did 'call me back', explained all that to them, and I had a new Kindle the next afternoon.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It suddenly worked again. Thanks :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts