Kindle Forum banner
41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Has anyone saw the first episode of season 2 yet? I basically have to tell myself this is an entirely different show and not related to the books other than a few similaritys because so many things are so different now and It is hard for me to keep comparing the two. It ends up making me so frustrated.

Also does anyone else LOVE the TB Terry and Lafayette? They are so weird and fun. I really like their characters on TB.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I've enjoyed the TB show however after having read all of the books out so far, I ADORE the books.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I love both-- I started the books first and began to watch the show after I finished the first two books.  I was on bedrest and a friend of mine sent me the complete 1st season to watch and I LOVED IT.  I loved that it touched on the story line, stayed true to some details but also had its own story. It made it so much more interesting to watch.  And I agree-- Lafayette is one of my favorite characters and Tara, I liked, but after a few episodes, I just wanted her to shut the hell up.

I don't have HBO either but finally caught the second season and cannot wait for the third.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
koolmnbv said:
Has anyone saw the first episode of season 2 yet? I basically have to tell myself this is an entirely different show and not related to the books other than a few similaritys because so many things are so different now and It is hard for me to keep comparing the two. It ends up making me so frustrated.

Also does anyone else LOVE the TB Terry and Lafayette? They are so weird and fun. I really like their characters on TB.
I agree with you that it is difficult to watch the shows after reading the books. I have no idea why it bothers me so much. I've seen tons of movies that are based on books I've read and it doesn't bother me. Maybe because it is a series and going into such detail...?

BUT - my husband loves the series and has watched every episode numerous times. So funny. At first he was like: what kind of books have you been reading? Then he got hooked and now he loves to talk about it.

:) I am definitely looking forward to more books by Charlaine Harris!!

Jenna

·
Registered
75 Posts
I started out watching the show and then cruised ahead and read all of the books. I love both the show and the books. The books give you Sookie's voice, which is cool, while the show really blows out the plot lines and makes them bigger. To me it's one of the rare cases where both the show and the books are worthwhile.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts