1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On your marks....

Get set....

GO!

If you haven't already finished them, please read chapters 1-3. I will post questions next Tuesday (the 27th), and we will attempt our first live book klub chat on Wednesday, the 28th. Normally, yes, the questions would be posted on Wednesday, but this way you'll have a full day to think about your answers before chat.

Here is the scheduled I had planned for chat:
6PM Pacific
7PM Mountain
8PM Central
9PM Eastern

We'll try this and see how it works. When it gets closer to chat time, I'll post some guidelines to try to keep it from becoming a chat free-for-all, although on the Charlaine's Charlatans page, the moderator said the book with Eric and the shower was just chaos. lol, I am totally looking forward to that.
If you can't make the chat discussion, don't worry! You can catch us the next week, or until Harvey pulls the plug on it. You may also feel free to answer the questions here in the book klub forum, and answer as many or as few as you like. Remember, the only rule I'll truly be enforcing is the one that says you can't kill me with a stick.
;D
Happy reading, everybody! I can't wait to see how everyone feels about the book!

Look! A Bunny!

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You've got 7 days.  Chop chop!

(Actually, my mom used to say that when we were kids, but it now strikes me as vaguely stereotypical.  Mom used it to mean hurry up.  I am using it the same way.)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yeah!  I get to start reading!  LOL.  After lurking the kindle board for months, I'm finally coming out of lurkdom for my first book klub.  Yeah!  Not sure if I'll be able to stop at three chapters, but I'll give it a try.

Donna

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome to the....you know what, I was going to say Dark Side, but that really probably doesn't have the best ring to it.  Glad you came out to play!

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sookie cookies?

Crap.  Now I'm going to have to find a recipe.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Robin,
Question real quick-how do I get the book klub user bar? I have been trying to figure it out. I have the owner one, because someone posted the link in a thread so I clicked & there it was.
/Sorry to hijack your thread, but it's bugging me I can't figure it out.
Thanks,
Kristie  :-[

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No problem, Kristie. If this is the worst thread jack we have, it'll be a miracle.

I recommend looking here for your leaderbar:
http://www.kboards.com/index.php/topic,1770.0.html

Mike was kind enough to make a leaderboard for all of the current bookclubs. So you may click and copy away!

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sharif don't like it.

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Vampyre said:
My bunny is bigger than your bunny. :)

woo....just a minute....(scurries away)

(scurries back with mic.)
Okay you have four options and only one could end well for you. Hand over the child

1 - 16 of 16 Posts