Kindle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No, seriously.  There are real spoilers in these questions.  If you haven't read the chapters yet, DON'T READ THE QUESTIONS!  I will not be sympathetic to stick-wielding by people who read the questions before they read the end of the book.

Don't say I didn't warn you

(Anybody else flashing on "There's a Monster at the end of this Book" by Grover?  Or is it just me?)

Turn back now if you don't want to know.....

Okay, here goes.  Last set of questions.
1. Sookie has a flash into Eric's mind. She describes it as "being plunged into a pit of snakes, cold snakes, lethal snakes...it left me facing a whole new reality." What do you make of that statement?
2. Sookie becomes "so into this, so into openly using my strange ability". Is this experience a turning point for her?
3. During the incident when Eric sends Bill the "gift", Bill tells the woman he has "my own wine cellar." How did that strike you? What would have been your reaction had you been Sookie?
4. Bill tells Sookie, "the more vampire blood you drink, the more desirable you become to our kind, and actually, more desireable to anyone". Do you think this enhancement is affecting Sam?
5. When Sam reveals his shapeshifter nature, Sookie has an epiphany about the vampires and the supernatural world. What do you think of her reaction?
6. Jason has to face the fact that some people believed he was capable of "killing his own grandmother while lying in wait to kill his sister." How do you think this will affect this character?
7. While fleeing for her life from Rene, Sookie realizes that she was not able to read his mind because of his madness. He had "kept (his murderous thoughts) them in a secret hole, a place in his mind he kept hidden and separate from his conscious self." Does this tell her anything new about her gift?

·
Registered
731 Posts
Robin read this post of mine long ago in the "What's the Worst Book You've Read on Your Kindle? thread. And she still talks to me :eek:

"I know I already answered once; but I was wrong. This was much worse. I think I blocked the memory of reading this book from conscious thought because it was awful.  I only read it because several people on the Insomniac's Mystery thread (on Amazon) recommended it.

Dead Until Dark is supposed to be A: Southern (there was one throwaway line about Southerner's always knowing their genealogy); B: About Vampires (OK-there were vampires. Strangely ineffectual vampires (Bill's original "rescue" is wildly unbelievable even in this poorly thought out and  badly imagined universe) but they were there; and C: a Mystery. There are murders but there is no mystery. Nobody is trying to solve them except for an offscreen cop that we rarely meet. None of the main characters seem to care except as a later plot device.  In addition, Sookie's telepathic ability (Not a spoiler, it's on the cover) comes and goes at the author's whim. She is also unlikable. I'd consider this bad YA fiction save for a few explicit sex scenes that read as if the author took writing lessons from Penthouse. (And that might be insulting the fine folk who write those letters...)

>>>>Running off to build a house of bricks!  (And amend my original post)!"

OK Robin, that ought to get some discussion going.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lol, it might, but everyone has moved over to the Living Dead in Dallas thread.  But I admire the effort!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts