Kindle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear Kindle 1 owner:

Our company ( TrendyDigital Design) has recently introduced a new case for Kindle 2. The case has several unique designs. One of the design is to house Kindle 2 in a protective compartment to maximizing the protection on the whole unit while preserving the sleek and trim presentation of Kindle 2. The case is about 5 ounces in weight.

You can take a look at this discuss thread
http://www.kboards.com/index.php/topic,6538.0.html

Here is the image about how it looks like ( for this K2 case)

After our introduction, we have been asked by several K1 owners about whether we have a similar case available for K1.
We are now debating whether we should develop such case ( with similar design) for K1.

As it is a very late game for Kindle 1, we would appreciate your input as to whether such case will be welcomed by Kindle 1 owner. Let your voice be heard and we are grateful for your time.

Question:

Should we develop such case for Kindle 1?

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
I'm happy with my K1 Oberon cover, and never wanted a cover with a pad or anything, I know people used to request something like this.

Betsy

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
The gracious KK seller from whom I got my KK (through ebay) included an M-edge cover; I'm considering an Oberon ROH; but otherwise would not be interested in a different cover.

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
I am happy with my current covers.  I am also left handed and this cover would not be comfortable for me.  Thank you for asking for our input.

·
Registered
6,222 Posts
Thank you for asking - but I don't think I want a cover that holds my Kindle in place by covering the entire front.  I like being able to see my skin.  And I do take it out of the case regularly to read.

·
Registered
417 Posts
I like this design. I like that it slides into a little pocket and don't mind that the front is covered. I don't use skins. It's something I would have considered when I first purchased my kindle in December. However, at this point I have a M-edge cover and am happy with it. I doubt I would buy another cover at this time.

Thank you for asking.

·
Registered
4,791 Posts
Kevin2088 said:
As it is a very late game for Kindle 1, we would appreciate your input as to whether such case will be welcomed by Kindle 1 owner. Let your voice be heard and we are grateful for your time.

Question:

Should we develop such case for Kindle 1?
It's an interesting looking case. Not having a skin (blasphemy among this crew ;)), I don't have any worries about covering up the majority of the Kindle. Although I'm generally happy with my M-Edge cover, I'd be willing to try one of these.

And I don't think you should worry about it being "late in the game" for K1s, there are still hundreds/thousands of us K1 owners out there (not necessarily on KB, but in general). Not everyone that had a K1 automatically went out and upgraded to K2. :) Obviously, I don't have any idea how much it costs to develop and manufacture a product more-or-less from scratch, and probably it's not as cost effective to maintain as large of an inventory for an older model Kindle, but it's not like the K1 completely ceased to exist...

·
Registered
190 Posts
This would be a wonderful cover for someone who needs to carry a notepad to/from work as well as their Kindle 1.  We have four K1's in the immediate family and I know that two would definitely purchase this cover.  That's 50% and most likely that would be the percentage of buyers minus the Oberon Kindlers.  Of course, the price would have to be about the same as for the K2.  Thanks for thinking of us K1er's.

·
Registered
601 Posts
I was reading on another thread in let's talk kindle about the advantage of having black around the screen because it makes the gray of the screen appear lighter to the eye and can enhance the reading experience for those that might have more difficulty with the "lighter print" issue of the k2.  All that to say that this cover does that without having to add a black skin.  That might be very advantageous for those that would like the black around their screen...just a thought...

edited to add that I reread the starting post and noticed the question was for the k1...this would not be an issue for k1's as they don't have the lighter text issue...still interesting for those with k2's though...

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
I would consider it.  However, it would have to have a cut out to reach the switches on the back so that we wouldn't have to take it out of the sleeve every time.

·
Super Moderator
67,316 Posts
I think it's a very attractive cover, and would seriously consider it if I had a K2, but I am happy with the cover I currently have for my K1 and would not likely buy another.

Ann

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
I feel the same as the others; happy with my Oberon and M-edge covers. 
Thanks for asking. 
deb

1 - 15 of 15 Posts