Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You know, it's bad enough trying to keep a web site(s) going without hackers adding to the fun. I was told by my hosting service that two of my sites were being used as proxies for denial of service attacks and phishing scams against other sites, so I had to shut them down until I can get the security issues sorted out.

My author site at KreelanWarrior.com wasn't one of them, but I decided to switch the site software that I was using to minimize any risk to that site, too. So now it's sort of...empty, although I hope to get the content (plus new stuff) back up soon. But jeez, what a pain!! These guys should be locked in a closet and forced to watch nonstop reruns of the Teletubbies...

Anyway, happy Sunday! Aack!

Mike

·
Registered
455 Posts
Yeah, he took my site, ScrappingForever, down, too. Waaaa. Gotta get the bugs it back up and running, too.

I tell ya, this man just needs to quit work and stay home to get things done. Of course, then there's that pesky problem of having enough money to pay the bills and buy food. Sigh....

I

·
0 Posts
I like Teletubbies!

I do agree with the malicious hacker death sentence. i don't know why these fools have to go out of their way to ruin everyone elses good time.

·
Super Moderator
67,246 Posts
Vampyre said:
I do agree with the malicious hacker death sentence. i don't know why these fools have to go out of their way to ruin everyone elses good time.
'Cause they're really only interested in their OWN good time. . .and have a warped sense of what's fun.

Sorry to hear of your problems Mike. . .good luck getting it sorted!

Ann

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ScrappingForever said:
Yeah, he took my site, ScrappingForever, down, too. Waaaa. Gotta get the bugs it back up and running, too.

I tell ya, this man just needs to quit work and stay home to get things done. Of course, then there's that pesky problem of having enough money to pay the bills and buy food. Sigh....
Hey, all we need is movie rights to the book and we're set! LOL!!

Yeah, I'm ready to move to the southwest and start building our earthship any time now...

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Jeff said:
A strong second to your suggestion, Mike; however, I'd like to see them tortured first.

My current problem is spammers faking email from my domain names which results in my domains being blocked by ISPs.
Well, I thought the Teletubbies would be enough torture. Of course, if they're like Vampy, we may need to find reruns of something even more insidious, but nothing immediately comes to mind! ;D

And we've had the same problem with the email spammers. The really annoying thing there is that your ISP isn't involved at all in the email path or transactions (at least as far as I know) - it's just in the "from" line!

Hmmm, I just had an idea pop into my head for a horror short story on this topic (hacking, not Teletubbies! LOL!)...

·
Registered
455 Posts
Don't think we're going to have any bunks.

Gee, sorry! ;)

See, you need to just stay home to get all of this done! So many books to write, so little time!

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Vampyre said:
He's dead Jim.
Poor Scotty! Who's going to beam us up now?? Or put the engines on the earthship? No lower bunk for you, bucko!

I do? er uh yeah that's right I do! Be nice to me and see what you get!
Flowers are on the way... ;D

I

·
0 Posts
Poor Scotty! Who's going to beam us up now?? Or put the engines on the earthship? No lower bunk for you, bucko!
Hey, no fair. It's not like I killed him. I liked him.

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
kreelanwarrior said:
Well, I thought the Teletubbies would be enough torture. Of course, if they're like Vampy, we may need to find reruns of something even more insidious, but nothing immediately comes to mind! ;D
How about a time loop ride through It's a Small World? Took me two years to get that song out of my head. Or constant reruns of Lost in Space?

It took me months to clean out all the malware gumming up my computer, so I have a very small idea of what you're going through.

I

·
0 Posts
I think Smallworld would do it lets see( I am posting this blind becuse you tube is blocked here)

·
Registered
684 Posts
How about a time loop ride through It's a Small World? Took me two years to get that song out of my head. Or constant reruns of Lost in Space?
I like Lost in Space. I watched it as a child and now and then on TVLAND.

"Warning! Warning! It does not compute!"

Loved the robot!

I

·
0 Posts

I liked the show but it was no where as good as the original Star Trek. :)

1 - 20 of 45 Posts