·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
An Assassin's Hate

A Madman's Ambition

A Vicious Battle for Revenge and Redemption

Chronicles of the Apocalypse: Revenge, Everything is Nothing

When you sacrifice the lives of your wife and children to prevent the world's most powerful clan of assassins from unleashing the Apocalypse, what does that make you? And what do you do when you learn that it was all in vain? For Jin Sakai, that sacrifice turned him into a mere shell of a man, filled only with guilt and hatred. When he learns that it was a sacrifice made in vain, he instantly sets out on a violent one-man war to tear the assassins' clan down around their ears. After all, who better to destroy them than the man who brought them together?

Things soon turn down a darker path as Jin uncovers the disturbing truth behind his family's sacrifice; a truth he was never meant to learn. Undone by the revelation, Jin is consumed by doubt and confusion and very nearly loses his life. It is only later when he meets Leah Lawson, a woman who overcame her own dark past, that his doubt and confusion vanish and he begins to see a path that will not only lead him to his revenge, but to his redemption.

Unfortunately, there is far more going on behind the scenes than Jin realizes. Forces are at play that have been manipulating the course of his life ever since he was born. By setting out on his quest for vengeance, Jin unknowingly cements his destiny as one of the key warriors in the apocalyptic war that's brewing just beneath the surface.

Chronicles of the Apocalypse: Revenge, Everything is Nothing (COTA: REIN for short) is the first in a series of urban fantasy novels that tell the story of how a handful of strangers must band together and spearhead humanity's fight to survive an apocalyptic war when the demonic legions of Hell invade our world.

This series is one that I have spent the last six years working on. I started it during my Sophomore year in high school, and I am so excited to finally share it in e-book form. Back in 2009, I published the print version through Lulu, and didn't offer it as an e-book because I was deeply concerned about it being pirated. But in coming on to these forums and being welcomed as warmly as I have been, I knew I couldn't let my paranoia stop me from sharing this book with you. It's now available on the Kindle store for $2.99. :)

I have six books planned for the series and plan on having the second book, entitled The Demon Within, out by October of this year. For up-to-date news and other information, feel free to visit my website: www.theauthorphoenix.com

Thank you all so much for welcoming me here, and I hope you all enjoy the read. :)

·
Super Moderator
67,559 Posts
Welcome to KindleBoards, Zachery, and congratulations on your book!

(If you've gotten this welcome before, it's just as a matter of housekeeping. We like to put a copy of the "welcome letter" in each book thread. It doesn't mean you've done anything wrong, it just helps us know that you know the rules.)

A brief recap of our rules follows:

--We invite you to use your book cover as your avatar and have links to your book and website in your signature. Instructions are posted here

--Please bookmark this thread (using your browser's bookmark/favorite function) so you can update it as we ask that authors have only one thread per book and add to it when there is more information. You may start a separate thread for each book (or you may have one thread per series of books, or one thread for all of your books, it's your choice).

--While you may respond to member posts to your thread at any time, you may only bump your thread (back-to-back posts by you) once every seven days. Once you've responded to a member, that resets the clock to zero and you must wait seven days to post, unless another member posts before then.

--We ask that Amazon reviews not be repeated here as they are easy to find at your book link. Also, full reviews from other sites should not be posted here, but you may post a short blurb and a link to the full review instead.

--Although self-promotion is limited to the Book Bazaar, our most successful authors have found the best way to promote their books is to be as active throughout KindleBoards as time allows. This is your target audience--book lovers with Kindles! Please note that putting link information in the body of your posts constitutes self promotion; please leave your links for your profile signature that will automatically appear on each post. For information on more ways to promote here on KindleBoards, be sure to check out this thread:
Authors: KindleBoards Tips & FAQ.

All this, and more, is included in our Forum Decorum. Be sure to check it from time to time for the current guidelines and rules.

Oh, and one more thing: be sure to check out the index threads at the top of the Book Bazaar. . . .there are details there about how you can be listed so that our readers can find you.

Thanks for being part of KindleBoards! Feel free to send us a PM if you have any questions.

Betsy & Ann
Book Bazaar Moderators

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just wanted to add an update stating that thanks to life being the unpredictable adventure that it is, Chronicles of the Apocalypse: The Demon Within has been pushed back to roughly December. A lot has happened in the last month or so that's drastically affected my writing time. BUT, I'm still working on it bit by bit. :)

I've also started a new series of vlogs on YouTube called "The Vlogging Author". You can find them at my channel: youtube.com/demonwithahumanheart

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Received my first review for COTA: REIN. Four Stars! ;D

The full review can be read over at http://tinyurl.com/cotareview1. My three favorite snippets are:

1) "Jin is an intriguing, complex character. The reader may have a hard time connecting to him at first, he can be standoffish. The other secondary characters vary from interesting to meet to despicable. The reader will have fun wading through this book."

2) "This book is packed with action, the action is constant and the reader will move from one intense scene to the next."

3) "The fight scenes in this book are believable and high-energy, the reader will appreciate the reality of them."

I've also lowered the Kindle price down to $0.99, though I actually did this well before I got this review. :p

I hope you all enjoy the read as well. :)

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, after nearly a year on Kindle with the current cover, COTA: REIN is getting a facelift. I've recently commissioned a brand new cover for REIN that is much more in line with my original vision for the cover. It is going to look far superior to the current green sword on black background.

Much as I love this current cover, it's high time I retired it. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts