Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
921 Posts
Not that I'm aware of. Decalgirl seems to take care of the skins for both guys and girls. There are a couple of other suppliers of skins that are found on Amazons site.

EDIT NOTE: I wasn't aware of that site, but they don't seem to do skins for the Kindle.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wasn't even aware there was a site. I was just wondering if there was a more masculine decal site. I can't help notice that DecalGirl's emblem has breasts...I assumed it was off limits for men.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
cjpatrick said:
I wasn't even aware there was a site. I was just wondering if there was a more masculine decal site. I can't help notice that DecalGirl's emblem has breasts...I assumed it was off limits for men.
On the contrary, it seems like that would be a draw for men. ;)

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
I've checked out that site before since there is always so much talk about DecalGirl. I actually wonder what the male/female ratio is for DecalGirl since they have automatically excluded the male gender... sort of.  ::) ::)

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
They definitely have some cool skins. Unfortunately I only have Kindle 1. I got mine about three weeks before the Kindle 2 announcement. Which was upsetting at first. I understand the notion that electronics are constantly being updated, but usually the consumer is notified well enough in advance to make the decision whether or not to wait....I'm sorry, wrong thread for that, wrong rant.

I love my Kindle 1. I really do.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
DawnOfChaos said:
I don't think the presence of girly parts makes it for girls only LOL. But there seems to be more masculine skins from this site

http://www.3acp.com/3acp.htm
I like some of the skins on this site. I haven't heard of this one before. Has anyone used these? Are they as good / better / different than decalgirl?

·
Registered
294 Posts
I would think that DecalGirl's emblem having breasts would mean that they want men to be drawn to them  ;D

·
Registered
601 Posts
DawnOfChaos said:
I don't think the presence of girly parts makes it for girls only LOL. But there seems to be more masculine skins from this site

http://www.3acp.com/3acp.htm
Oh my stars!!!! I am not a skull person, so a few of these were not my taste, but I have to tell you that I think the majority of them are GORGEOUS!!!! Do you have any experience with these skins? Are they the same or similar quality as decalgirl? I HAVE to have one...no kidding but one of them looks like the Louis Vuitton multicolor logo...could be a sister to it for sure. Please, do tell if you know about the quality...I may order one anyway just to see but they are really beautiful! So vibrant...the colors are amazing!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had the same issue with most of the skins I found being too girly for my taste. I was glad to find the 3acp.com site, because it had some skins that were more to my taste.

Here's what I ended up with, and I've very happy with the result.

B.C.

·
Registered
122 Posts
From flipping through the various designs at 3acp.com, it appears that between a third and a half of them are "wrap-around" images, too, where the design on the front wraps around the right side of the Kindle and continues on the back (as two separate pieces, not a continuous single skin), which creates an interesting effect. They also have a full-custom option where you provide the artwork; I sent them email last night asking if they had templates for positioning and cropping the art to take out guesswork in laying out a custom skin; I'll have to wait until I get home to see if they replied.

·
Registered
26 Posts
wow, i really like some of those, but I have a K1 so  they won't work, but maybe someday I'll have something to dress up my Kindle

·
Registered
601 Posts
Bulimic Cannibal said:
I had the same issue with most of the skins I found being too girly for my taste. I was glad to find the 3acp.com site, because it had some skins that were more to my taste.

Here's what I ended up with, and I've very happy with the result.

B.C.
That is one of the ones I saw I think. Really pretty...oh wait, maybe not pretty...ummmm, masculine :)

srmalloy said:
From flipping through the various designs at 3acp.com, it appears that between a third and a half of them are "wrap-around" images, too, where the design on the front wraps around the right side of the Kindle and continues on the back (as two separate pieces, not a continuous single skin), which creates an interesting effect. They also have a full-custom option where you provide the artwork; I sent them email last night asking if they had templates for positioning and cropping the art to take out guesswork in laying out a custom skin; I'll have to wait until I get home to see if they replied.
Hi there - Welcome to Kindleboards! That is interesting that they will allow you to customize like that... :)

AndrewD2 said:
wow, i really like some of those, but I have a K1 so they won't work, but maybe someday I'll have something to dress up my Kindle
Welcome! In the meantime, you could probably find something on decalgirl that will hold you over :) No pressure, just encouragement :D

·
Registered
601 Posts
Oh, and I just ordered a very girly skin from this site...it's blue with flowers...I can't figure out how to post a picture...it seems they do not allow it...it is SK-134.jpg...anyway, i'll keep fiddling with it and see if I can get it to work.  :)

So, this just goes to show that girl and boy skins can be found at both sites  ;D

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Wow, they have a lot of beautiful designs on that site.  I see much more that I like there than on decalgirl.  Kind of wish I had waited to purchase mine now!  Well, it will give me some to look forward to in the future.  Someone let us know if they are the same quality as decalgirl when you get one.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I received an email from them today that says they are putting K1 skins on their site this weekend. 

1 - 20 of 33 Posts