Kindle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a response from DecalGirl saying they expect to have skins for the Kindle 2 about 2 to 4 weeks after the release date.  :'( My poor new Kindle will be nekkid for weeks!!!  :eek:

·
Registered
151 Posts
Thanks for the update.  I already bought one for my kindle 1 that I won't receive and hopefully they'll have the same design for the kindle 2.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Awesome :)

Does anyone know whether DecalGirl will let people do trade-ins, as M-Edge is doing?

I've got an unopened Gypsy Kindle 1 skin collecting dust!

·
Registered
11,722 Posts
I've been examining the pictures of k2 and I think it's going to look very nice skinned. The silver scroll bar is gone (I'll miss it) and so are the little ledges around the screen. There's extra white space around the screen (I'm trying to see that as a positive) so we'll be able to see more of the design with less interruption. Also, with no battery cover to worry about, the entire back can be cover, again, seeing more of the design. I hope we're still able to do custom screen savers.

I've sent in a request for Night Lady, Jolie, Her Abstraction, Pink Tranquility, and Arabian Nights.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Britt said:
Awesome :)

Does anyone know whether DecalGirl will let people do trade-ins, as M-Edge is doing?

I've got an unopened Gypsy Kindle 1 skin collecting dust!
it is worth a try to ask, but I doubt it. If I remember correctly, I read somewhere that they print them when ordered (so they do not keep them in stock).

·
Registered
224 Posts
start requesting skins now.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
WolfePrincess73 said:
I just got a response from DecalGirl saying they expect to have skins for the Kindle 2 about 2 to 4 weeks after the release date. :'( My poor new Kindle will be nekkid for weeks!!! :eek:
Well, the wait sucks but thanks for letting us know at least. ;)

·
Registered
921 Posts
I called DecalGirl and they said I would be able to send the one back that I had ordered when I ordered my Kindle.  They changed the Kindle as we know and DecalGirl said I just needed some kind of return number and they would exchange it.  I thought that was a pretty sweet deal.  I was prepared to just buy another skin, but this makes it better.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Sweety18 said:
Can't wait. I wonder why its going to take them so long to release the skins?
They probably won't have a Kindle in their hands until Feb 25th, just like the rest of us.

L

·
Registered
335 Posts
Great info!  Thanks!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts