Kindle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone else find the glare caused by the shiny finish of Decalgirl skins distracting?  I am almost to the point where I am ready to remove my dark burlwood skin because the glare is so bad.  Thoughts or comments?

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
jbhentschel said:
Does anyone else find the glare caused by the shiny finish of Decalgirl skins distracting? I am almost to the point where I am ready to remove my dark burlwood skin because the glare is so bad. Thoughts or comments?
Hm, no, mine is red white and black and there's no glare problem. Don't know what to tell you. More handprints?

Seriously, anyone else have Burlwood?

Betsy

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
Betsy the Quilter said:
Hm, no, mine is red white and black and there's no glare problem. Don't know what to tell you. More handprints?

Seriously, anyone else have Burlwood?

Betsy
I think Vampy has Burlwood. It goes so nice with his Dr. Pepper screen saver.

·
Registered
294 Posts
My skin is fine until I need to use a clip on light or my headlamp, then the glare is very noticeable. 

·
Registered
684 Posts
I have the Leopard Print skin and only notice minimal glare when using the Mighty Bright Light. I have since switched to the paperback sized Lightwedge. I don't notice a glare at all now.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I know this is a long shot, but is there anywhere I can physically go to get a Kindle skin? I'm going to Chicago this weekend and would like to get one for it, but it won't arrive before I leave.

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
I haven't seen anything Kindle in stores yet.

Re: Skin Glare.
Haven't had any promblems with glare. I have the same skin as Betsy (Zen Revisited). Like her I only notice some glare when there are fingerprints on my K...which are usual from my 4-year old cousin

·
Registered
129 Posts
I have the same burlwood.. and there is a bit of glare.. but I still prefer the looks of it to the white unskinned version of my K

·
Registered
260 Posts
I don't mind the glare unless I'm using my e-luminator and then it's really annoying. I'm thinking of taking the skin off because I use the light every night. I love the skin, though, so I'm torn. BTW, I have Iceberg.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I have just received the burlwood skin from Decalgirl and I have not noticed a glare.  I have been using various lamps with it and I have enjoyed reading the screen even more since putting the skin on my kindle because of the contrast.  I do use a light wedge to read at night and there is not a glare from it. 

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Johnald said:
I know this is a long shot, but is there anywhere I can physically go to get a Kindle skin? I'm going to Chicago this weekend and would like to get one for it, but it won't arrive before I leave.
Sorry, not that I know of. So far, DecalGirl seems to be one of the best places for it.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I noticed a glare from my skins at first.  It was a little annoying, but I got used to it pretty quickly and now I don't even notice it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts