Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered a skin for my kindle (est arrival: end of Feb) and while there, I figured I'd get one for my ipod and one for my phone.

I got the Golden Knotwork for both my kindle and ipod... and something different for my phone - called Flappers.

Whenever I order things online I always try to look up discount codes, just in case. I found a couple for decalgirl and since I spent just over $30, I got free shipping.

To save 15% off your order use discount code: PSPHOME
If you spend over $30, then use the free shipping code: SAVER

According to the site I found the codes out these have no expiration date. :)

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
I just ordered last week.  Too bad I didn't know about this, but I'll know for next time.

I was just checking my order, which has no estimated ship date.  What do I see on the invoice?  $2.54 under Misc. Charges.  That's in addition to the shipping.  Has anyone had this happen?  If they are just going to throw in extraneous charges for no good reason, I'm going to cancel my order.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Wow, some of the new skins are beautiful.  I think I need a third one.  Now, how to get this by my hubby without his noticing I've changed the skin again.

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
madaise said:
I just ordered a skin for my kindle (est arrival: end of Feb) and while there, I figured I'd get one for my ipod and one for my phone.

I got the Golden Knotwork for both my kindle and ipod... and something different for my phone - called Flappers.

Whenever I order things online I always try to look up discount codes, just in case. I found a couple for decalgirl and since I spent just over $30, I got free shipping.

Love Flappers Judi!

·
Registered
11,722 Posts
gertiekindle said:
I just ordered last week. Too bad I didn't know about this, but I'll know for next time.

I was just checking my order, which has no estimated ship date. What do I see on the invoice? $2.54 under Misc. Charges. That's in addition to the shipping. Has anyone had this happen? If they are just going to throw in extraneous charges for no good reason, I'm going to cancel my order.
I've never ever had extra charges (I just went pack and looked at all my previous orders). You should call them and ask. Also ask if you can apply the PSPHOME coupon. I've heard of a couple of people who have called after the fact and they've applied it.

beachgrl said:
Wow, some of the new skins are beautiful. I think I need a third one. Now, how to get this by my hubby without his noticing I've changed the skin again.
My kids always rat me out. He wouldn't notice a thing, but they do..and they HAVE to say something. I'm on my 4th one! Although in my defense, I ripped the first one when trying to switch it over to my replacement Kindle and then didn't like the 2nd one. I really didn't have any reason to switch it out this last time though. As much as I'd like a new one, It'll probably be a little bit before I get another one.

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
Just ordered my Lily skin. I used the PSPHOME code and saved some money. Now I have to decide on my Oberon cover. I'm leaning toward the Fairy or Pond design. I like both.

How long does it take to get the skin? It looks like it could take 2 weeks. I hope to get it sooner.

·
Registered
11,722 Posts
Kathy said:
Just ordered my Lily skin. I used the PSPHOME code and saved some money. Now I have to decide on my Oberon cover. I'm leaning toward the Fairy or Pond design. I like both.

How long does it take to get the skin? It looks like it could take 2 weeks. I hope to get it sooner.
The most it's ever taken me to get one is about 5 days. Usually only 2-3

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
Kathy said:

I used the saver shipping and got Whimsical in about ten days.

The invoice didn't show that extra charge I posted about earlier.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I ordered my skin last Sat. 1-10 and I had a notice in the mailbox its here to pick up at the PO so I'll go early in the morning to get it.  Now to get my oberon cover and my actual kindle and I'll be sooooo happy.

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
vlapinta, good luck deciding. 
I have the Water Lillies and I absolutely love it.  My choices at that time was the Lillies or Irises. 
The Garden at Giverny was not available at the time, thank goodness. 
Let us know what you decide.
debbie

·
Registered
115 Posts
Can you describe to me the colors in the water lilies. Sometimes its hard to make it out from a small picture.

Thanks!
Vicki

·
Registered
15 Posts
madaise said:

Thank you so much for the discount codes. I was having a hard time justifying the skin and shipping cost just to dress up my Kindle. But with your codes, I saved and it was so worth it. I got her Pink Tranquility skin yesterday and immediately put it on and downloaded the screensaver. My Kindle looks GORGEOUS now that she's dressed appropriately!

I was going post a picture of my K, but I can't figure out how. Oh well. BTW, this is my first KindleBoards post, although I've been perusing the site for more than a month now. Love KindleBoards!

·
Registered
869 Posts
Hi, Brooke -

Thanks for posting & jumping out of the silence of lurkdom!

Very glad you were able to use the discounts on your purchase from Decal Girl.

There are directions for posting a picture in the Forum section of the boards.
www.kboards.com/index.php/topic,231.0.html

Asking any of mods to join you in the chat room or for assistance is another option.

Glad you are here,

Marci

1 - 20 of 62 Posts