Kindle Forum banner

41 - 60 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Thanks everyone for your input. Lilith, the Venetian Sun is a pretty skin. Maries, I reposted skins with my Saddle da Vinci. It's really a hard choice and perhaps there is still a much prettier skin that might work better with my saddle color.

Garden of Giverny and The Window

Via Del Fiori and Gate at Alta Villa

Venetian Sun

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
I like Via del Fiori with the saddle, there's a little more brown in it to match the cover yet the skins is bright and colorful.  I feel like opening the cover would be like opening a door and seeing that delightful street to walk down....
;D

Betsy

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
I agree with Betsy.  When seeing the skins next to the cover I like the Via del Fiori the best and then The Window.   

·
Registered
115 Posts
Thanks everyone for your opinions. I have decided to go with the Via del Fiori skin and think it will look great with my saddle da Vinci. I like what Betsy said about "opening the cover would be like opening a door and seeing that delightful street to walk down."  I feel the same way.

Now, let's hope I will be able to put it on with less problems I had the first time around. ;D

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Alley Gator said:
Thanks everyone for your opinions. I have decided to go with the Via del Fiori skin and think it will look great with my saddle da Vinci. I like what Betsy said about "opening the cover would be like opening a door and seeing that delightful street to walk down." I feel the same way.

Now, let's hope I will be able to put it on with less problems I had the first time around. ;D
That will be a gorgeous combo! I hope the application goes better for you. It is easier if you have someone to help and hold the front up but other than the first time, I do it by myself. Mainly because I don't want my husband to know how often I am changing while I decide on THE ONE or ONES! :-[

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
maries said:
Mainly because I don't want my husband to know how often I am changing while I decide on THE ONE or ONES! :-[
LOL Marie, that's funny!!

·
Registered
115 Posts
maries said:
That will be a gorgeous combo! I hope the application goes better for you. It is easier if you have someone to help and hold the front up but other than the first time, I do it by myself. Mainly because I don't want my husband to know how often I am changing while I decide on THE ONE or ONES! :-[
Thanks, maries! I love your last sentence...ya gotta do what ya gotta do. ;D

·
Registered
115 Posts
Here is my da Vinci Kindle 3 with its new dress...Via Del Fiori. I was amazed at how easily this skin went on this time around.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Thanks, maries. I am very happy with it. AND, now that I know how to apply a skin, I just might have to invest in a few more.  ;D

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
Alley Gator said:
Thanks, maries. I am very happy with it. AND, now that I know how to apply a skin, I just might have to invest in a few more. ;D
That Via del Fiori is lovely, isn't it? But, LOL--be careful, they're quite addicting! I started with just my Kindle, and once that first skin was on, I swore I'd never need to change it.

The Kindle is on its third skin now (and I'm still thinking about changing it again). The iphone is on its second. The laptop is skinned. Two iPads. And I've sold more of them to friends and strangers than I could ever count!

(Current favorite right now is Gotham Garden, which I have on both the iPad and iPhone in matte finish. Kindle2 is wearing a matte finish Venezia.)

·
Registered
115 Posts
Victoria ... it was a difficult choice for me, but I'm happy with the end result. Venezia was on my list of choices. I'll have to look up Gotham Garden...I'm not familiar with that one.

Are there any problems removing a skin to replace it with another one? Can you keep the skins you remove and use them again?

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
Here's Gotham Garden on the Kindle: http://www.decalgirl.com/item.view/63540 It's a dark skin, but the scene reminded me very much of a particular character/book, and I had to have it. It works best on the iPad, I think, both because it's a bigger area and because you can use the matching wallpaper to keep the continuity of the design.

As for removal/reuse--if you're very careful, yes, skins can be removed for reuse. I've been able to pull mine off intact and store them back on their original backings, though it was a tedious process for me as I went slowly so as not to badly stretch the skin. A quick hit with a blow dryer will help restore them to their original shape. But I haven't had the urge really to reuse mine once the new skin is in place, and they're easier to remove quickly if you aren't worrying about keeping them intact.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Thanks for your information, Victoria. I'm sure I would be tired of my skin when I decide to buy a new one, but that's good to know that it could possibly be saved. BTW, I like Gotham Garden.

41 - 60 of 75 Posts