Kindle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OMG! You guys are killing me with the pictures of the Oberon Covers you are receiving!

I have been lurking around and check in pretty much every day on KB and spend way too much time checking out the threads in the accessories category!

I am going to get an Oberon cover and had decided on Forest in fern after going back and forth between three other covers (Creek Bed, Avenue of Trees, ROH). And now I am reading about the possibility of a peacock blue???!!!??? And then I saw Creek Bed in green! oh.. and the black Celtic Knot! Three Graces in wine??

What to do? What to do??? I almost can't stand it!

·
Registered
128 Posts
I am like you - found this site a few days ago and have been amazed by the photos.  I just decided to put myself out of my "misery", temporarily at least, and am ordering the Forest in Fern. That was the first design that "called out" to me. I had been planning to get the green color, as I like dark green, but I decided the lighter shade might show off the tooling better. I am sure there is no bad choice here, but I do have to limit myself to one case! (Will think about a skin, though.) Ellen

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
Um....I'm sorry? LOL

I really wouldn't advise waiting on the new blue, it's likely to be months before it comes out, we don't know for certain what shade it will be (Patrizia's was an experiment, and they've told her it will be one of a kind, so don't count on it being exactly that color!), and we don't know what covers will be available in it.

I'd take a couple days off from Oberon threads & the Oberon site, then go back & take a careful look again. At that point, go with your gut & put the rest on a wish list for later!

My first choice was Dragonfly Pond in Fern. When someone posted the Creekbed Maple in Saddle, I hemmed & hawed for two days and decided to stick with my original choice. Much as I still love the Maple and will almost certainly get it later, I'm glad I stayed with my first choice as I absolutely adore the Pond cover.

And WELCOME!!!!! ;D

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I vote Three Graces in wine... I don't think anyone has that combination yet, and it was my second choice. I ended up going with River Garden, but I'd love to see "real life" pics of the wine color.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That was why I decided on the Forest in fern after agonizing over it for weeks (before the ROH in purple came out).  I normally go with blue as that is my favorite color, but the fern is so perfect with that design.  

Then I saw the Creek Bed Maple in green.  Maple trees are my favorite tree.  

I have a K1 but am going to be purchasing a K2 sometime this summer, so maybe the Creek Bed in green for that.   I also need to replace my organizer cover soon - it is well used and falling apart so I may visit that area of Oberon.  I really can't see having two covers for the same thing - they are so beautiful that I would hate having one sitting there waiting for its turn.

LOL @ VictoriaP - :)   I don't think I will wait on the blue.. I think it was mentioned that something in that color wouldn't come out until the fall and I am pretty sure that I can't wait that long for a cover.   When it comes out and if it is a design I like then perhaps I will get it.. I will see.

Can you say "Kid in a candy store?"

·
Registered
361 Posts
Chey said:
OMG! You guys are killing me with the pictures of the Oberon Covers you are receiving!

I have been lurking around and check in pretty much every day on KB and spend way too much time checking out the threads in the accessories category!

I am going to get an Oberon cover and had decided on Forest in fern after going back and forth between three other covers (Creek Bed, Avenue of Trees, ROH). And now I am reading about the possibility of a peacock blue???!!!??? And then I saw Creek Bed in green! oh.. and the black Celtic Knot! Three Graces in wine??

What to do? What to do??? I almost can't stand it!
nelle said:
I am like you - found this site a few days ago and have been amazed by the photos. I just decided to put myself out of my "misery", temporarily at least, and am ordering the Forest in Fern. That was the first design that "called out" to me. I had been planning to get the green color, as I like dark green, but I decided the lighter shade might show off the tooling better. I am sure there is no bad choice here, but I do have to limit myself to one case! (Will think about a skin, though.) Ellen
I have The forest in fern & it's beautiful!! I don't think you will be disappointed, but I understand your indecision-it took me a while to decide........good luck & happy shopping! ;)

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
This is the same problem I had. I came on here saw all the tons of beautiful oberon cases and then had 3 that i really wanted and couldnt figure out how to choose. Finally i bit the bullet and went with RoH in purple but Three Graces in wine was seriously very close to a purchase. If you do go with that cover please post pics asap!!! its next on my wishlist it sounds so beautiful

·
Registered
679 Posts
I have Forest in Fern and Creekbed Maple in Saddle. Both are gorgeous. I am however loving the green so will be getting Tree of Life in it.

I also have a Dragon Roost in wine as a small journal being shipped to me right now.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Chey said:
That was why I decided on the Forest in fern after agonizing over it for weeks (before the ROH in purple came out). I normally go with blue as that is my favorite color, but the fern is so perfect with that design.

Then I saw the Creek Bed Maple in green. Maple trees are my favorite tree.

I have a K1 but am going to be purchasing a K2 sometime this summer, so maybe the Creek Bed in green for that. I also need to replace my organizer cover soon - it is well used and falling apart so I may visit that area of Oberon. I really can't see having two covers for the same thing - they are so beautiful that I would hate having one sitting there waiting for its turn.

LOL @ VictoriaP - :) I don't think I will wait on the blue.. I think it was mentioned that something in that color wouldn't come out until the fall and I am pretty sure that I can't wait that long for a cover. When it comes out and if it is a design I like then perhaps I will get it.. I will see.

Can you say "Kid in a candy store?"
I would love to see Creekbed Maple in Green! Can you tell me where you saw it?
Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
244 Posts
I can sympathise.  I did the same thing.  At first I loved the Forest in fern and the ROH in purple (because I thought it looked blue).  Then I started looking at the pictures on the boards.  The purple was really purple and although beautiful not what I had expected. Then I saw the River Garden in red.  Oh-La-La was that beautiful.  So then I was going (Forest, ROH, RG....Forest, ROH, RG...).  ???  Well I finally ordered the RG in red - it should be here on Monday but I will be out of town so I have to wait until I get back to see it.  :'(

I think I still see a Forest in fern in my future.  But then ..... a ROH in a nice blue would be very nice  ;)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
OK... CreekBed Maple in Green for my KK.
Forest in Fern for my new organizer cover.

Something in the new Peacock Blue when they come out with it in the Fall or Winter for the K2 I will be getting sometime this summer.. :)

Got it covered for now..... I think!  ;D ;D ;D

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Chey said:
OK... CreekBed Maple in Green for my KK.
Forest in Fern for my new organizer cover.

Something in the new Peacock Blue when they come out with it in the Fall or Winter for the K2 I will be getting sometime this summer.. :)

Got it covered for now..... I think! ;D ;D ;D
That sounds like a great plan to me!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts