Kindle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I found a dogwood picture & was playing on mytego
with it - can't decide which way I like it best...this is a good way to see them right next to each other, so bear with me here :-\

One of these may well be my next skin...

·
Registered
9,932 Posts
I like the first one better; it looks more balanced somehow.  They're both beautiful though.

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
The first one is a better design, the large dogwood anchors it.  It gives it a focal point.  On the second one, the two bottom dogwood motifs are equal weight, making them compete with each other.

In short, the first one is better balanced, LOL!

Betsy

·
Registered
209 Posts
The first one to me definitely seems better layout.
You have to imagine how the individual pieces will look when they are in their final positions. I know from personal exp. that you cant get the whole effect until all of the pieces are applied to the different planes.

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah, I agree - once I saw them together on the same page here I knew I liked the 1st one better, now I know why!  (Balance - it's a good thing.)  I just hope that (if I do order it) it'll look good in person...  I still need to go through our digital photos & see if I can find something that would work.  I'd know the photo quality was good with one of my own.  Like Wheezie said - sometimes something gets lost when it gets cut up into all those parts.  Thanks for the input!

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
I'd say the second just to be contrary, but the first really does look better.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I agree too - first one. So jealous you can do the pretty girly skin. I got 'Sacred' by DecalGirl because it is fairly subdued. I'm in the Army - I'd get mocked mercilessly if I got a girly skin, darn it.... :)  Refused to get the ACU print, though! Can't wait for the skin to arrive so I can put it on - been waiting for it all week...

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
katsim said:
I agree too - first one. So jealous you can do the pretty girly skin. I got 'Sacred' by DecalGirl because it is fairly subdued. I'm in the Army - I'd get mocked mercilessly if I got a girly skin, darn it.... :) Refused to get the ACU print, though! Can't wait for the skin to arrive so I can put it on - been waiting for it all week...
Sacred is actually one of the decalgirl skins I was thinking of - hope you'll post a pic when you get it - it's always nice to see them on an actual Kindle.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
I'm leaning towards the one on the right.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Are you having a skin made with the dogwood design? That really is nice! I've always like dogwood in designs.
  kdawna

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
kdawna said:
Are you having a skin made with the dogwood design? That really is nice! I've always like dogwood in designs.
kdawna
I'm thinking about it but haven't ordered it yet. I was playing with some wallpaper designs (the dogwood was a wallpaper too) yesterday that would be very non-distracting, look almost like a granite or marble. So I just don't know yet. Plus I don't know how well the image would actually work, whether it will be clear enough, since it's an image I pulled from a website.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts