Kindle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just noticed you've put them up seperately Decon over at Smashwords and I wanted to say good luck. Does it mean you will be writing shorts from now on, or are you waiting to see what happens with the ones you've released first?

Carl

·
Registered
5,670 Posts
Carl246 said:
I just noticed you've put them up separately Decon over at Smashwords and I wanted to say good luck. Does it mean you will be writing shorts from now on, or are you waiting to see what happens with the ones you've released first?

Carl
Thanks for asking. I put them up as separates on smashwords because I had email requests from readers. Also not all readers want to read all the stories in the compilation. (Thankfully some do) I've done the same on Amazon.com and Amazon DE and translated the first two of them to German and included an English version in the same eBook. It's early days yet for results, but I have had some modest success. That's the way I will be rolling them out in future to give the readers a choice.

I am currently working on translating them to Brazil Portuguese and once that is completed, I will be publishing them separately in Brazil as pocket size POD books through Bookess which is similar to Create Space. I will be including both the Brazil Portuguese version and the English version in the one book. Short individual stories in books the size of a tourists language phrase book is big business in Brazil. Because I live in Brazil, I will also be contacting printers for prices of print runs and paying visits to book distributors to try and sell them through news stands and supermarkets.

My next publication is a full length work, Russian Brides and a follow up to Survival Instinct, but in the meantime, I am working on my next set of 12 shorts. God loves a trier... I hope.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts