Kindle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do the default screen savers look like on the Kindle, I don't have mine yet:-(
And everyone talks about the ones they download, but I have not heard what the default ones are.

Thank you!

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
They are the definition of kindle and pictures of various famous classic writers (like Austen and so forth)....some of us thought that the images of certain authors were creepy, which caused many of us to create or order (with skins) our screensavers. (at least that is why don't use the default screensavers and got a skin..one of the reasons)

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
I actually have them all listed in my FAQ book. There are a bunch of authors, definitions of some words, and historic images (Gutenberg's printing press, for example). They were fine, I just got tired of them after about 6 months.

L

·
Registered
268 Posts
Vegas_Asian said:
....some of us thought that the images of certain authors were creepy...
coughcoughoscarwildecoughcouch

·
Registered
16 Posts
I would be interested in sharing a few custom kindle screensavers for any/all to use as they see fit that I have created from my photo work of >40 yrs.[sized correctly & B/W], but I know not how, or if it's even possible, to post images within a message in this discussion group. Feeling shunned, ignored, spurned, and otherwise abused by Amazon for holding my plastic wonder from me these many weeks after ordering Jan. 9, I can only salve my yearning & angst w/ selfless endeavors such as this. *is there a way to include images? I saw some images that someone had offered in a discussion [that's what sparked my interest in creating my own] on the web, but not sure where now. The toolbar offers a "Insert Image" button [all I get are some unintuitive brackets?], but it's beyond me how, or if, this is the right "key" to "insertion" [pardon my crude terminology], ergo my humble inquiry. Thx --
p.s. I just joined this nice collective today, but why am I a Dr. Seuss!? I have read a good deal of Wm. Shakespeare, but nary a jot of good doctor Geisel's work. Fair it doesn't seem, truly & really.

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
You can only post pictures in a KindleBoards post that is already on the internet, such as in your Photobucket account, or posted elsewhere.

How you proceed depends on your browser software.

-- If you are using Firefox, it is very easy: right-click on any picture and choose Copy Image Location.

-- If you are using Internet Explorer, right-click on any picture and choose Properties, then you must choose and copy the entire Address, which may take up several lines which you cannot see. It is imperative that you choose the entire Address, or your picture will not appear.

OPTIONAL. You can verify that you have chosen the correct image address by pasting it into your browser's URL box, as you would with any URL. Your picture should be the only thing you see on the resulting web page.

Once you have copied the entire image location/address, create your post and click the little picture button (third from the left, below the Underline button). Then paste the image location/address.

Before posting, click the Preview button and you can see the result prior to posting. Then it's easy to correct any errors prior to posting.

·
Super Moderator
67,325 Posts
And, as to Dr. Seuss. . .well, you can be Shakespeare when you get to 1000 posts. . . .:)

There's a thread somewhere that explains all. . .probably in the Forum Central section.  Basically you get a different 'rank' based on how many post and rather than being boring and using newbie, itermediate, advanced, super, and such like, we use authors.

Ann

·
Registered
16 Posts
Mea culpa, I was trying to put them in like an email.  I have a site w/ nearly 500 photos, but none currently are the custom versions I wished to offer.  Will throw them into a private gallery I will create, and proceed. The images which inspired me initially were full size 600 x 800, and right-clickable to "save picture as", but I'll just have to see what happens here.  Thanks, grande mucho --

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thank you for the info, Ann. So it looks like I'll be up all week now to maybe get to be a Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings, huh? I'll be quite content to become a Norman Mailer, as the "Bard" is a bit of an over-reach, honestly [present company excepted, Thouest]

1 - 14 of 14 Posts