Kindle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
319 Posts
I see Kindle-bashing every time The Consumerist posts something about the Kindle, much of which is flat-out incorrect and coming from people who have never so much as seen a Kindle, much less used or owned one. I have to grit my teeth and remind myself not to be like this:

EDIT: Ha, I see AnelaBelladonna beat me to it! =)

That being said, I did post to two different threads on one Consumerist article: one to answer someone who was genuinely curious (not bashing) about the ability to share content between Kindles; and one to agree with another person who loved their Kindle. Replying to the second thread earned me (and the person to whom I replied) an accusation from one individual of being a corporate shill: "OK, I'm not questioning the fact that you like the thing, but your rave and Jessica's sound just like the sort of mini-essay particularly favored by 'viral marketing' organizations. Fess up, if so."

Huh, I wish someone would pay me to rave about the Kindle! ;)

Anyway, LaraAmber, I just wanted to let you know that I feel your pain. I, too, have a hard time "letting go." There's no reasoning with someone people, though, and your time would be better spent enjoying your Kindle!

· Registered
319 Posts
MichelleR said:
So, when did you stop beating your wife? ;D

That's like back in the day when I was young and sassy and visited chat rooms. It didn't take long to realize that if I rejected someone I was instantly labeled a "dude." I guess that's because no straight woman had ever rejected these shining examples of manliness before. Anyhow, short of giving out one's number or calling them, this is pre-skype and webcams, there was no proving it. "Shill" is just the new, "Don't talk to _____, she's really a guy!"
Exactly! Nicely put, too. :D There's no real way to prove it one way or the other, and people like this are going to believe what they want to believe; there's no changing their minds.

I'd decided before ever posting on The Consumerist to avoid arguing with anyone about the Kindle, but even simply agreeing with another Kindle owner attracted negative attention from the Kindle-bashers. That's... pretty sad on their part. I just don't get it. Did the Kindle steal their lunch money as a kid or something?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.