Kindle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
4,430 Posts
I would just respond with. "Okay, that's very interesting. I'll be over in the corner enjoying my Kindle."

Living well, enjoying your Kindle, is the best revenge. :D

· Registered
4,430 Posts
jesspark said:
Replying to the second thread earned me (and the person to whom I replied) an accusation from one individual of being a corporate shill: "OK, I'm not questioning the fact that you like the thing, but your rave and Jessica's sound just like the sort of mini-essay particularly favored by 'viral marketing' organizations. Fess up, if so."
So, when did you stop beating your wife? ;D

That's like back in the day when I was young and sassy and visited chat rooms. It didn't take long to realize that if I rejected someone I was instantly labeled a "dude." I guess that's because no straight woman had ever rejected these shining examples of manliness before. Anyhow, short of giving out one's number or calling them, this is pre-skype and webcams, there was no proving it. "Shill" is just the new, "Don't talk to _____, she's really a guy!"

· Registered
4,430 Posts
Betsy the Quilter said:
I learned early on that arguing with someone on an Internet board or chatroom is like arguing with a drunk in a bar. There's no winning. (Hasn't stopped me from occasionally getting sucked into an argument or occasionally being the drunk, LOL!)

Betsy
Yeah, and I just got sucked in. Darn you, Lara Amber -- darn you to heck. ;)

I still believe the living well thing, but those people really bugged me. ;D

· Registered
4,430 Posts
jesspark said:
Did the Kindle steal their lunch money as a kid or something?
It only started with the lunch money. Soon, Kindle told them they were no longer allowed at the cool kid table. Then, she was beating them out for head cheerleader, even though everybody said Kindle was NOT as good, and that her handstands sucked. The coupe de grace was prom night, when Kindle stole all their boyfriends and stuffed the ballot boxes in order to be crowned queen.

Yeah, it goes back a long way.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.