Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My K2 arrived on Feb 26th, it's been two weeks exactly and I've finished 7 books and I'm halfway through my 8th.  I'm definitely reading more.  It's just too easy, it slips into my purse and goes everywhere with me.  I've read while at the spa, the gym, at work, at home, while walking down the sidewalk, in coffee shops & restaurants, while stuck in traffic (promise car wasn't moving, I swear). 

Read so far:

UR
Assassin's Apprentice
Royal Assassin
Assassin's Quest
Hot Flat and Crowded
The Suicide Collectors
World War Z

Currently reading: His Majesty's Dragon

Lara Amber

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
I agree. Actually, I am not sure I am reading more, but I am reading books again. I realized that I had gotten into the habit of only reading a book while on a trip. What was I reading otherwise? Stories and stuff online, including way too much fanfic. LOL. It's good to be back to books!

L

·
Registered
57 Posts
LaraAmber said:
My K2 arrived on Feb 26th, it's been two weeks exactly and I've finished 7 books and I'm halfway through my 8th. I'm definitely reading more. It's just too easy, it slips into my purse and goes everywhere with me. I've read while at the spa, the gym, at work, at home, while walking down the sidewalk, in coffee shops & restaurants, while stuck in traffic (promise car wasn't moving, I swear).

Read so far:

UR
Assassin's Apprentice
Royal Assassin
Assassin's Quest
Hot Flat and Crowded
The Suicide Collectors
World War Z

Currently reading: His Majesty's Dragon

Lara Amber
My roommate told me to check out World War Z....is it any good? The whole concept kind of put me off, but I might be willing to give it a shot.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
World War Z is definitely good.  It's told as a series of interviews, so you never get too heavily invested in any particular character, which is good, since the experiences these people go through are pretty horrific.  It definitely feels like the non-fiction books written the same way for the holocaust or WWII. 

If you're a crier (like me) you might get choked up at a few points, but I didn't actually cry.

Lara Amber

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
LaraAmber - just be careful reading while walking down the street  :-\ please :-\

·
Registered
835 Posts
I got my Kindle in October and I, also, am reading more. Reading again is the better way of putting it. I had been a court reporter, and after sitting for hours proofreading transcripts, the last thing I wanted to do for pleasure was reading. I would fritter my time watching TV, knitting & playing on the computer. It's so nice to be back in the habit of reading for pleasure. Just Wednesday I went to the library and took out King's It. It's not available on Kindle and I don't want to be hassling with where do I put another book I purchased after I've read it.

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
I have been reading a lot since I retired, jokingly said my new job was reading books, however, with the K1 I read even more and enjoy it more.  Since I came to KB - thank you Leslie  :-* - I have found new genres, low cost books, free books and am reading even more, if possible!

·
Registered
599 Posts
I am also reading more... between classes, during commercial breaks while watching TV, waiting for water to boil... and there have been times where I didn't have my Kindle that I wish I could be reading when I wouldn't have thought about it before, like waiting in line at the grocery store.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I've always been an avid reader, but my new K2 has picked up my pace, too. In fact, I think the only drawback to the Kindle is the fact that it lets me read even faster. This can be a problem when I run out of reading material on a regular basis.  ;D

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Britt said:
I am also reading more... between classes, during commercial breaks while watching TV, waiting for water to boil... and there have been times where I didn't have my Kindle that I wish I could be reading when I wouldn't have thought about it before, like waiting in line at the grocery store.
Me too! And I thought that I read a lot before....

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
KMA said:
I've always been an avid reader, but my new K2 has picked up my pace, too. In fact, I think the only drawback to the Kindle is the fact that it lets me read even faster. This can be a problem when I run out of reading material on a regular basis. ;D
If you hang around here, you'll have samples, suggestions, and books galore to keep you reading. This place is great for keeping your Kindle full of stuff "to be read."

I said welcome on another thread but I'll say it here too -- welcome! Glad to have you on board!

L

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
That is a crazy amount of reading.  :eek:

·
Registered
82 Posts
My long-form reading is definitely way up.  My reading speed is much faster as well.  I've always been a slowly-paced, high-comprehension reader.  With the Kindle, I'm able to read at a faster pace while keeping my comprehension high as well.  I'm not quite sure what all the explanations might be, but I'm finding the K2 to be my preferred medium.

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
Since I've had my Kindle to read on I don't mind being stopped during road construction. 

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Definitely reading more.

Currently reading the Uglies series by Scott Westerfeld. I also read a good portion of the New York Times, even though some days I skip the really depressing stuff.

I took Trixie to the hospital today while I waited for a test. I'd just spent a lot of time in hospitals and rehab centers while my mother was dying, and really was not looking forward to being back at one, but reading what I wanted and not having to pick through old magazines helped. And then I got electrodes stuck to me and needles stuck in me and then was repeatedly shocked, so, you know, good times!

·
Registered
195 Posts
I'm reading an almost embarrassing amount, with the new Iphone app, it is even worse.  Better yet, I'm finding myself reading classics that I've never actually read before.  I read A Christmas Carol on Christmas Eve this year, a book I pretty much know by heart (along with everyone else) but never actually read.  I love the Kindle.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts