Kindle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone been having issues with KDP reporting the last few days, with big gaps or delays?  I've seen my previous days KENP bleeding into the next day (ie, as of like 2am I suddenly get 400+ pages, which seems unlikely), or books showing up in my detailed Royalties report that doesn't reflect in the dashboard for several days?  Just concerned since my dashboard hasn't updated in 8+ today, which is the largest delay I've seen yet.

Edit: Reporting finally started catching up today around 10pm EST.  Weird stuff, hope it works better tomorrow.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I've seen crazy delays in my reporting. And HUGE dips in my sales and page reads. Caps is needed because of the sheer dramatic drop. I'm not sure if it's a glitch or just reading trends reflecting state of the the country/world this week. KDP has been glitching a lot these past few months though.

·
Registered
24 Posts
We had reported sales for Oct 26th suddenly jump on Nov. 2nd. I had already done my end of the month numbers and then had to redo them. It's the first time I can remember that happening in a couple years of doing this.  The 10/26 numbers (in KDP beta and Book Report) stayed the same for six straight days and then jumped at some point in the evening on Nov. 2nd. Only paperback sales changed and it happened in the US and some international (UK and Canada probably). Ebook sales were unaffected.

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Did you sell a paperback in Japan in October? I had one and it came through with 400 yen in the November report, but I'm not sure what it was reported as during October.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think things might down in general for English-language books that targeting primarily US audiences, due to the Presidental Election.  I checked on some other boards, and they all mentioned a big drop in sales/reads this week.  Still, the reporting delay doesn't help things either, it really put me on edge until the numbers suddenly started populating again.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Hi,

Likewise I think a lot of what we're seeing is due to the election as everyone is glued to their screens and not looking at books. It should pass.

Cheers, Greg.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts