Kindle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know how to delete through content manager but next week I'll be going into a whispernet area (very excited about by the way as I live in Canada and it's always fun to play with while in the States). I've deleted tons of books off of my kindle that are Amazon content, when I go into the whispernet area are all of these books going to download again? If they will is there any way to prevent this from happening?

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
No they will not! 

The only way to redownload them that I am aware of is to go to amazon and resend it.  Perhaps you can do it from your Kindle but I haven't experimented with that.....

I am in a whispernet area and I have deleted things and they have never shown up again unless I tell it to!

Have fun on your trip!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks so much for the quick reply. I'm most excited about downloading sample chapters and picking up our new puppy. Can't decide which I like better..lol.

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
As KindleKay says, they will not download automatically.  You can redownload using Content Manager when you're in a Whispernet area.  Content Manager shows the books in your Media Library on Amazon as well as what's on your Kindle.

Betsy

·
Registered
376 Posts
madrye said:
I know how to delete through content manager
Not an answer to your question, but did you know that you can delete without going through Content Manager? Use the scroll bar to position the cursor next to the item to be deleted and press the back arrow key (next to the L key). Its so much easier!

(This depends on your version of firmware as this feature was released earlier this year, but since you are going into a Whispernet area, you will probably be upgraded if you haven't already).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts